joshsig
mostlogical

Is a women justified in killing another women that was cheating on her husband?

mostlogical

joshsig

Con

I dont believe a women should be justified in killing a partner of the cheating husband, because unless there is no malice aforethought. Im working on a trial and I would like to hear another parties opinion.
mostlogical

Pro

Let's just call the female murderer: Michelle, the person who was killed: Kelly, and the husband: Harry to make it simpler.

Why did Michelle kill Kelly, and not Harry? After all Harry the man Michelle loves more than anyone committed adultery.

I believe Kelly did something much worse, but legal. Because of this it would be unreasonable to expect Kelly to know what to do in the situation she found herself in except follow her feelings which she did do. If she called the police she would probably be fined for wasting their time, as what Kelly did was legal, so the legal system is partly to blame.

Ordinary and decent people in Kelly's place would stay away from a man who lied about having a wife, and even a man who just has feelings for another woman. How can a man love you if he has a wife? He can't. Thus Kelly did not have a high goal, she was most likely a feminist who have no value and seek to degrade others. Kelly's life was worthless.

Harry must have still loved Michelle otherwise they would have been divorced. Harry and Michelle love each other, but Kelly attempted to break their happy marriage. Kelly showed no regret, and told Michelle "I don't care if your husband is married to Harry because I like using him, and I like causing you pain".

Kelly threatened both Harry and Michelle's happiness in an obsessive manner that would ruin their life. It was not a simple matter of causing someone to feel sad and then that person over reacting; this was not a situation she could walk away from, she loves Harry, and Harry loves her. I suspect that Michelle experienced every negative emotion possible i.e. grief. Michelle's mental state was no fault of her own, and was entirely Kelly's fault. Also Michelle had no law to guide her in the right direction and only laws that misguided her.

It was reasonable for Michelle to kill Kelly.
joshsig

Con

joshsig forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

So far Con has provided his belief but no argument.

Michelle was a victim of something serious, and she sought justice, which is right. If a better option was available whereby justice could be served without someone being killed then things would probably be different, but nobody can know.

One thing for certain is that failing to seek justice is wrong, not only would it harm yourself it can give someone the idea they are above you and other people.
joshsig

Con

joshsig forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

my points stand
joshsig

Con

joshsig forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

my opponent has provided no arguments for me to counter
joshsig

Con

joshsig forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

vote Pro!
Posted by Ragnar 10 months ago
Ragnar
She probably felt justified in it. However it's quite the messed up mentality that treats someone else as property that must be violently defended.
Posted by MagicAintReal 10 months ago
MagicAintReal
Did you spell "woman" correctly in your trial?
Vote Placed by Phenenas 9 months ago
Phenenas
joshsigmostlogicalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Because Con forfeited, Pro gets conduct points.