grahamcracker
bellaecarter

Is abortion right or wrong?

Started: 9/23/2015 Category: News

grahamcracker

Con

I read on you profile(which anyone can see) that you are for abortion. I will be taking con.
Here is how it will go.
R1: Acceptance
R2: Opening statement: Contingents
R3: Rebuttal
R4: Rebuttal to rebuttal
R5: Closing statement: Persuasion
Let the battle begin! (In less than three days)
bellaecarter

Pro

OK then. I believe that, regarding abortion, it is a woman's right to choose what happens to her body and not for the rest of the public to decide. This is especially true for me in cases such as rape or underage sex, because I don't think a woman that has been raped or a young child/teen should have to go through any more if they don't wish to.
grahamcracker

Con

Okay, it's the round for opening statements. Here we go.

I continue to negate that abortion is legally and morally right.
1) It's expensive- Abortion costs between $350-500 dollars. A young woman who has been raped or had underage sex most likely doesn't have the money or supporting parents willing to pay for abortion.
2) Side effects
Side effects of abortion include
Abdominal pain and cramping
Nausea
Committing
Diarrhea
Bleeding
Damage to other organs
Death
( citation at bottom )
3) Pregnancy
After someone has abortion, it is likely for them to become pregnant again. Either you have abortion, or you let the baby live. If you have abortion, you will likely looked down upon by many people. If you let the baby live, you will have a lovely child to rear and call your own. Therefore, you either risk your reputation( if it's any good ), or you have someone to be proud of.
4) Its practically murder
Imagine this. You know of a poor family who has planted some corn. You go out and realize they just planted the seeds. Would you go and take out every single seed just because you don't think they need them when they actually do? Of course not! So why do people abort babies? It's practically the same thing. It's like taking seeds out of YOUR OWN FIELD because you think you don't need it? I wouldn't want to be known as a murderer? Do you?
bellaecarter

Pro

Again, I think that if you are not the woman considering an abortion, it is none of your business what they do with their own bodies. I believe that one person's morals shouldn't make up an entire law. As for reputation, why should they care what other people think? If they are really good people, they won't judge someone based on what they choose to do with their bodies. Regarding expenses, that is the woman in question's concern. Plus, the medical bills that come with pregnancy are staggering.
Literally anyone can be raped or have underage sex. Think about a woman who was raped and is now pregnant. What if she is physically unable to carry and give birth to a child without her and/or the child dying in the process and the only choice she has to save herself is abortion? If you believe that the option should at least be available to her, then you are pro-choice.
grahamcracker

Con

grahamcracker forfeited this round.
bellaecarter

Pro

bellaecarter forfeited this round.
grahamcracker

Con

grahamcracker forfeited this round.
bellaecarter

Pro

bellaecarter forfeited this round.
grahamcracker

Con

grahamcracker forfeited this round.
bellaecarter

Pro

bellaecarter forfeited this round.
Posted by Katwill678 1 year ago
Katwill678
I think it is wrong because when a kid is abused and then left
By its parents or anybody they are very hurt because they don't know why
They were alone and they don't like it and just think about it
You don't leave your kid alone and just leave them alone! What kind of person are u if u did that