MrMosin
Nomadn

Is abortion right?

MrMosin has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

MrMosin

Con

I believe abortion is objectively evil, as it is the ending of a human life.
Nomadn

Pro

I believe it is not evil and will be pro-abortion for this debate, I await your first argument.
MrMosin

Con

Abortion is evil because you are ending a life.

Is the fetus organic or non organic matter? What species of animal is that matter? Does the matter have DNA that is different than that of the mother? Thus, it is a human life. Ending that life is, by literal definition, murder.
Nomadn

Pro

"Abortion is evil because you are ending a life."

Really depends on your definition here. I really wouldn't consider a stage of the baby that does not have a beating heart 'a life.' You could say that life begins as soon as the egg was fertilised, I could say that it is when the heart begins to beat. Neither are right or wrong, it's our opinion. According to my source, it begins at 28 to 35 days, [1], so let's call that 4 or 5 weeks. I don't think that ending it before it becomes to beat its heart is evil or murder. While it does have the possibility to become life and you can say you're taking away that chance for life, you're also prohibiting the chance for life by not being impregnated at all possible times if you're a biological woman.

There's also the health concern for women sometimes. If a woman is going to have a child but it poses a risk to her life, you have to ask if the life of the baby or the woman is more important. I personally go for the woman, giving birth could result in death for both. Going with my source [2], it states that there are "18.5 deaths per 100,000 live births."

What about young girls who are raped and therefore impregnated? If you're not prepared for a child and you didn't choose to have one, you should have the right to give birth or abort. Some of these women will not know how to raise a child, wouldn't it be evil to allow a child to be raised in a non-nurturing environment by somebody who didn't choose to have them and wasn't fully aware of what to do? Of course, people would be able to help these women but they might also be in education which they need to focus on, a child could ruin their life and future plans.

Finally, I think that having a child with a birth defect is a horrible thing that should be stopped. 1 out of 33 babies are born with a birth defect, [3], and I believe that it is evil to bring them into the world knowing they will have a disability, some of which cannot be cured and they will have to live with. Although, everyone is entitled to their own view on this, but I don't think you can call this evil since it's done to prevent a suffering in a child.

"Is the fetus organic or non organic matter?"

If it has the capability of becoming a human, it's most likely organic.

"What species of animal is that matter?"

I think you are asking if the species matters, well no I don't really think it does.

"Does the matter have DNA that is different than that of the mother?"

Half mother, half father.

"Thus, it is a human life. Ending that life is, by literal definition, murder."

Again, depends on your definition of 'life.'

[1] http://www.bbc.co.uk...

[2] https://www.minnpost.com...

[3] http://kidshealth.org...
Posted by 7_Seven_7 1 year ago
7_Seven_7
Whenever you ask if something is right or wrong, you immediately make the question subjective. Your right may be someone else's wrong and vice versa. There is no way to prove this.
Posted by TimWagnes 1 year ago
TimWagnes
What if the person was raped?