Amanda1242
Theunkown

Is abortion wrong?

Theunkown

Amanda1242

Pro

Well, is murder wrong which is what abortion is ....yes.
Theunkown

Con

I accept this challenge,
Abortion is needed since there are cases when the pregnant woman are rape victims, or cases where the woman's life is threatened due to health complications or cases where unexpected financial problems developed (perhaps a mix of multiple reasons). I do not see why a woman would be aborting a pregnancy other than these perfectly valid reasons. But pro is free to offer other reasons on why pregnancy could be aborted incase I missed out on some.

Besides its not like the Earth has any shortage of people, the planet is just barely holding this weight of 7 billion people and rising. *Side note: In the case that a reader finds this statement immoral, consider this question. Is a couple who bares hundreds of children god-like while a couple who bares no children, worthless? Just something to bear in mind*
Amanda1242

Pro

Abortion is appropriate when the women has been rapped or it is a life hazad for the women. However, it is wrong to kill the baby for immature reasons such as thoes like "I just don't want a baby", "I am not ready", " it was an accident" and etc...
Theunkown

Con

My opponent already conceded half of the debate. This was pro's statement: "Abortion is appropriate when the women has been rapped or it is a life hazad for the women." Now I need only to prove that other reasons for abortion are justified as wellThis is what pro considered to be "immature reasons" for abortion:
"I just don't want a baby", "I am not ready", " it was an accident" and etc..."

Why would the women not want the baby?
Because it could be due to financial issues. Raising a child is not cheap.
If the woman says that she is not ready for the responsibilities for parenting, then should she be a parent? Will the unready mother be responsible enough to give the baby a life that is worth living? Probably not. Will the unready mother be able to raise the child properly with love and patience (lots of patience)? Probably not. In such cases, I feel it is better that the baby is not born in the first place. I, personally would not want to be born to someone who could not take care of me or was impatient with me when I was young, during the key stages of child development. If the mother is not patient enough with the child, then she might even get abusive, and again this impacts the key stages of child development. So it is better that pregnancies occuring during a time where the mother is unprepared for handling a child should be allowed to terminate her pregnancy through abortion.

In the case of teen pregnancies, abortion is even more necessary.
I will not go into specifics, but there are multiple health problems that is likely to occur in teen pregnancy, for both mother and child. Though this does not always lead to death, there are still some serious issues out there.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov...
Amanda1242

Pro

Amanda1242 forfeited this round.
Theunkown

Con

Unfortunately my opponent has forfeited the final round.
I appeal to voters to vote for me on the points of CONDUCT and CONVINCING ARGUMENTS due to the forfeit.
My opponent did not use sources while I did use 1 source, hence I appeal to voters to vote for me on RELIABLE SOURCES as well.
Vote Placed by Angie1 3 years ago
Angie1
Amanda1242TheunkownTied
Reasons for voting decision: Even thought I agree abortion is wrong, pro didn't really give much of an argument and then forfeited so on that basis con wins
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Amanda1242TheunkownTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better arguments by Con. Pro lost conduct for the forfeit.