RalenkoZaneyah
emporer1

Is abstinence-only education an acceptable curriculum to teach students about sex?

RalenkoZaneyah

Con

I am looking to debate a serious opponent on the topic of abstinence only education. I am against abstinence-only education in the federal educational curriculum. In order to avoid confusion, I will first define some key-terms, and then outline a rough 'schedule' explaining what each round should be for. Both the term definitions and the schedule can be questioned/argued by my opponent in his first-round post.

I will now define some of the key terms that will be used in this debate.
- Abstinence-only education: A form of sex-education/reproductive health that only teaches students that they should refrain from sexual activity.
-School: In this debate, I am only referring to federally funded government schools. Private non-government schools are excluded, assuming that they receive no federal funding.
-Establishment Clause: The clause in the United States constitution stating that " Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" This means that while the government must still respect religious freedom, it cannot make a law or pronouncement that favors any religion.

It is advised that my opponent make their own clarifications on questionable terms that they will use.

This is a rough schedule detailing what I think is the ideal format for the debate. As previously stated, my opponent can state questions and/or concerns in their round-one post.

-Round One: Acceptance, as well as questions and/or concerns. Term definition is advised.
-Round Two: Con Arguments.
-Round Three: Pro Rebuttals.
-Round Four: Pro Arguments.
Round Five: Con Rebuttals.

I wish my challenger good luck, and await an interesting debate.
emporer1

Pro

Hello. Firstly I except your terms. I would like to clarify abstinence. Are we talking about compleat abstinence ( writing off sex as something that you will NEVER do ) or chastity ( temporary abstinence lasting until a person is married ). From what I have experienced it is usually the 2nd of the two. In the event that we are speaking on the subject of chastity I fully and totally agree with educational systems and curriculums advising and teaching abstinence only.
RalenkoZaneyah

Con

RalenkoZaneyah forfeited this round.
emporer1

Pro

emporer1 forfeited this round.
RalenkoZaneyah

Con

RalenkoZaneyah forfeited this round.
emporer1

Pro

emporer1 forfeited this round.
RalenkoZaneyah

Con

RalenkoZaneyah forfeited this round.
emporer1

Pro

emporer1 forfeited this round.
RalenkoZaneyah

Con

RalenkoZaneyah forfeited this round.
emporer1

Pro

emporer1 forfeited this round.
Posted by Conspiracyrisk 2 years ago
Conspiracyrisk
I don't understand why someone would want to teach ONLY abstinence in sex education. That's just not right. I think this shall be an interesting debate.