mcpansuriya
minddrag

Is age an important factor in relationships?

minddrag

mcpansuriya

Con

No I don't think age matters in a relationship

So long as the people involved are of age, which I believe is anywhere from about 16 and up, their ages should not matter or determine whether they have a serious relationship or not. Some people more than 10 years apart, even 20 have had successful relationships and marriages, so it really doesn't matter like people may think. So long as the love, care, trust and commitment exists, the age doesn't mean a thing. So no I don't think age matters in a relationship, everything else matters a lot more.

minddrag

Pro

Hello pansuryia, my name is minddrag and I would like to thank you for debating against me.

First off age is an extremely important factor in relationships for a number of reasons. First off, the public look down on certain large age gap relationships, old men with young girls is the most frowned upon. I will go into why this is so later on. Another reason is because it is easy to take advantage of a significantly younger partner, or a older senile partner. The third and final reason is maturity levels of the two ages.

Relationships between young girls and older guys are usually frowned upon because of the age difference. With a younger girl, society will look upon them and the girl is labelled a slut, and the man is labelled as taking advantage of the younger girl. Now none of this is true, but as a couple it is very hard to have a relationship with others trying to rip you apart.

Because of the age difference, older men can also be taken advantage of. A gold digger female (or male, but it is usually looked upon as a female) can appear and seem to love the man/women for the final years of their life, then inherit all of the money, and move on with their life. This is not right. Also the older person's mind may have gone and they could be financially taken advantage of by women they met on dating sights or other places. This leads to many other problems.

Maturity levels of partners must be the same. If my partner is not as mature, or as experienced or intelligent as I am, it can lead to fights, miscommunications or fractures in the relationship between them. This is horrid and can cause lasting damage to the psyche of both partners.

All of these reasons point towards an unstable and rocky relationship that can turn out harmful and damaging for both partners. The older or younger partner can be taken advantage of, and it is looked upon as bad by society.

It is for the reasons I have listed and the reasons that I will present later, I as side pro believe that this resolution BIRT age is an important factor in a relationship, will and must stand.
mcpansuriya

Con

mcpansuriya forfeited this round.
minddrag

Pro

Well this is unfortunate... I do hope you come back for the second round! If you do not, well I suppose I will keep debating after that...
mcpansuriya

Con

mcpansuriya forfeited this round.
minddrag

Pro

I do believe that this debate should be forfeited to me, but I do not know the protocol on forfeit rounds.
mcpansuriya

Con

mcpansuriya forfeited this round.
minddrag

Pro

I believe that I win this debate.
mcpansuriya

Con

mcpansuriya forfeited this round.
minddrag

Pro

Thank you for the 1 round debate my good man :)
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
What is love? If a older man wants a young woman for her body and the young woman wants the financial security the man has to offer, who are we to say its not true love? If the man only lives for a year, he would have been happy till the day he died. They say money can't buy happiness but they are wrong. It can. But money does not guarantee happiness.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
mcpansuriyaminddragTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited turns.