Sarahdancer12
Honeydewz

Is ballet hard?

Started: 7/6/2014 Category: Sports

Sarahdancer12

Pro

Ballet is very difficult. It requires an insane amount of muscle, balance, instruction, and time. Although it may look easy and beautiful, that is the simply the nature of ballet: to make something incredibly hard look easy. Most girl ballet dancers use pointe shoes. They hurt very bad and basically mess up your feet. After pointe classes my feet are red, soar, have blisters, have broken and bruised nails, sometimes bloody, and bunions develop. So think again if you think it is easy. So many injuries happen and a lot of strength training is needed to even stand on the tips of your toes and dance. Balance is one of the most important things about using pointe shoes since you balance all of your body weight on your toes. Dancers are most certainly athletes and I personally consider dance a sport I hope you do too. I didn't understand how painful and hard pointe was until about 2 years ago when I started myself. Thank you for participating and it is definitely hard.
Honeydewz

Con

Let your voice be HEARD.

On Debate.org, you can speak your mind; we encourage it.

Debate and discuss topics that are important to you in three different formats:

Debates

Challenge members to one-on-one debates on specific topics, with several rounds to make your case. The side with the most votes from the community wins the debate.

Opinions

Pose a question to the community and allow members to pick a side and provide their opinion. Members can chime in and reply to each other's arguments and attempt to sway those on the opposing side.

Forums

Start an open format discussion with the community on any topic. Subscribe to posts, and keep the conversation going when there is more to say.

Polls

Create polls to see where our members stand on a variety of issues. Pose questions and let the community decide which answer is the best or most popular

Sarahdancer12

Pro

Sarahdancer12 forfeited this round.
Honeydewz

Con

Honeydewz forfeited this round.
Sarahdancer12

Pro

Sarahdancer12 forfeited this round.
Honeydewz

Con

Honeydewz forfeited this round.
Posted by KhalifV 2 years ago
KhalifV
I'm so tempted to be a douchebag and argue from solipsism.
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
This can be worked into a debate
Posted by Sashil 2 years ago
Sashil
Please use the forum to post such topics in the future.
Posted by Dilara 2 years ago
Dilara
Ballet is wonderful to watch but it must be so painful!. How much practice do you get per day?. How long did it take to start using point shoes?