guitar26
socialpinko

Is batman better than iron man?

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

guitar26

Con

I will be arguing that iron man is better than batman, and my opponent will be arguing the opposite.
socialpinko

Pro

My opponent will be arguing that Ironman is better than Batman and I will be arguing the converse, namely that Batman is equal to or better than Batman.

Structure

As my opponent is instigator of this debate and did not present any arguments in the first round I will assume that this will be the format of our debate.

R1: Definitions, Introductions, Acceptance
R2: Opening Arguments
R3: Rebuttals
R4: Further rebuttals and defense of arguments
R5: Closing arguments and rebuttals, appeal to voters

I will ask that my opponent not bring any new arguments in the last round.

Definitions

Batman: a fictional character created by the artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger. A comic book superhero, Batman first appeared in Detective Comics #27 (May 1939), and since then has appeared in many of DC Comics’ publications.[1]

Ironman: a fictional character, a superhero in the Marvel Comics Universe.[2]

Better: of superior quality or excellence[3]

Objective

My opponent's objective in this debate is to show to the voter's satisfaction why Ironman is overall better than Batman. He will win if I am unable to refute his arguments. As he did not assign the BOP specifically in the first round we will assume that it lies on him.

My own objective will be to refute any and all of my opponent's arguments for why Ironman is a better character/superhero than Batman. As the BOP is on my opponent I will win this debate if I am able to do so.

Good luck to my opponent and I await his opening arguments.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3]http://dictionary.reference.com...;
guitar26

Con

First i would like to say.....blah blah blah to you!!!!!! you start why do you think batman could beat iron man huh???
socialpinko

Pro

I'm afraid the BOP is on my opponent and so he should bring an argument as it is his responsibility in this debate. It will be my responsibility to refute his arguments. That is the way a debate works unless otherwise specified. The instigator brings a resolution to either uphold or refute and the contender must refute the instigator's arguments. My opponent has brought no arguments thus far and therefore I urge a Pro vote.
guitar26

Con

you dont deserve a pro vote and iron man will blast at batman with his lazer thingie and boom hes dead so there
socialpinko

Pro

My opponent has brought so far one argument in favor of a Con vote. He says:

//"iron man will blast at batman with his lazer thingie and boom hes dead so there"//

While Ironman does have those things in his hands, Batman is trained in several forms of mixed martial arts and hand-to-hand combat. His suit is also specially made for camouflage. So Ironman would not be able to use his hand lazer things without getting close enough to see him. And once he gets close enough Batman will be able to employ his martial arts techniques to put Ironman to rest.

My opponent's argument from Ironman's hand lazers has only helped my own case.

Vote Pro
guitar26

Con

guitar26 forfeited this round.
socialpinko

Pro

Extend all arguments and refutations.
guitar26

Con

guitar26 forfeited this round.
socialpinko

Pro

I responded to my opponent's one argument for why Ironman is better than Batman. My opponent argued that Ironman would beat Batman because he has "lazer thingies" in his hands and so "boom he's[Batman] dead". I however responded to this argument by showing that Batman's suit was specially made for camouflage and so in order to see him, Ironman would have to get close enough so that Batman could use his martial arts techniques which are most definitely superior to Ironman's. My opponent did not respond to this and so it helped my own case. My opponent has not upheld the BOP and so I urge voters to vote Con.
Posted by guitar26 5 years ago
guitar26
bwahahahhahahah.....again
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
Lame, we need a way to negative vote.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
"you dont deserve a pro vote and iron man will blast at batman with his lazer thingie and boom hes dead so there"

I don't even think Kenyon can refute that.
Posted by ilovedebate 5 years ago
ilovedebate
i love con's arguments...haha
Posted by guitar26 5 years ago
guitar26
bwahahahhahahha
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
CiRrk has an academic background which is well suited to debate (political theory and philosophy) and has experience in formal debate, as long as you don't get hung up on losing it should be a rewarding experience. If you want to give yourself an advantage and you can pick the topic then go far outside of his background like a public debate style exchange on a topic of popular culture. If the debate topic is fixed then just slant the rules to take away his strengths and equalize it. Nothing unfair, but just fun and equalizing. For example if you are really fond of and familiar with music, then make it a rule that all arguments much be in the form of lyrics from actual songs.
Posted by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
I've debated him twice ad lost both times.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
Why? He is pretty froody, should be a solid debate.
Posted by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
I'll look for topics but I still owe Cirk a debate which I'm not exactly looking for to.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
If you want to have a serious light hearted debate on a vs issue then fire away. I have more comic books than Geo has conspiracy theories.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
guitar26socialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though Pro introduced sources, he did not use them to justify or refer to them during his arguments...However, Con clearly lost the debate; he forfeited--costing him conduct--, made several spelling and grammatical errors, in comparison to Pro's, and never fulfilled his burden of proof or responded to socialpinko's case...
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
guitar26socialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lame performance by Con, I was expecting at least that Iron Man would be "FIRING MAH LAZORS!"
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
guitar26socialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Multiple forfeits by Con force a default win for Pro.