Is battlefield 3 better than COD?

Started: 4/12/2013 Category: Technology

Battlefield 3 is ten times better than Call Of Duty. I'll let my opponent go first.

Though this is entirely subjective and a fairly pointless debate, I will accept this challenge.

Your topic, "is Battlefield 3 better than COD", is a bit difficult to discuss, considering you do not express what a COD is. Is it the fish or the video game? I will assume, since you mentioned Battlefield 3, you mean Call of Duty, the game.

This brings up that you never specified which Call of Duty you meant (or if you meant the series as a whole), so I will simply choose to defend Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

With that out of the way, it is now time for the actual debate.

Considering that this is a subjective debate, you open the debate up for review scores on the game, and personal opinion, though I shall keep mine out of the way and leave room for professional reviewers and the averages between them.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has received several high scores, and Metacritic has kindly put the reviewer average (I am discrediting personal reviews as those are open to corruption and abuse) in plain sight.

The PC version, which received the lowest score out of the three, a 92:

The Xbox and PS3 versions, which were given the exact same score, a 94: (Xbox) / (PS3)

Battlefield three, on the other hand, has received an 89 for the PC version, and this was the highest score:

With all of this in mind, I turn to Con for the response.

jake9710 forfeited this round.

Alright, without a counter to my argument, I guess I will simply continue from where I left off.

Battlefield 3, again, has a Metacritic PC version score of 89 (the link from last round still applies, I won't post it again), and the sequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has a metacritic score of 86 (, which means Battlefield 3 is not, as Pro said, ten times better than COD. It is a mere 1.03 (rounded to nearest hundredth) times better, but again, this is not Call of Duty as a whole, or Modern Warfare, which was the game I chose to defend.

I don't wish to get into the mechanics of each game, as this will lead to subjectivity. While the reviews I use are subjective and based on opinions, it is the opinions of professionals, and an average of them, thus adding a layer of objectivity to the evidence.

I hope to see a quick response, thank you.

I simply posted this
debate to get feedback from
someone else, so thank you
for your opinion and I will
take this all into consideration.

Next time you do something like that please tell people, that way we don't waste time responding. Thank you.
Posted by jake9710 3 years ago
Once again, I simply posted this debate to get feedback, and that is why I didn't respond, so yeah.... You may chill though nipples
Posted by LotusNG 3 years ago
Thank you! And yeah, considering he has 3 hours left to post a response and I've used evidence against Battlefield... It's pretty much over for him.
Posted by electoblaze 3 years ago
The Call of Duty Supporter is going to win. I can already tell.