straightup.gong
gadsila

Is being apart of the LGBT+ community wrong?

gadsila

straightup.gong

Con

Being apart of the LGBT+ community is not wrong in my eyes. If anyone would like to be the Pro in this debate, please accept.
gadsila

Pro

I don't think there is anything wrong with being apart of the LGBT movement especially not for Lesbians Gay or Bisexuals. However, I do believe that being Transexual is a mental dissorder and since it is a part of the movement I would not want to be a part of that movement.
straightup.gong

Con

I would like to ask why you believe that being transsexual is a mental disorder? I see transgender and transsexual people as people just trying to be happy. I understand not everyone agrees with that, but I don't know exactly why. Some people use the religion argument while others say it's simply all in the science. If your reason for not believing in it is religion than this debate will not continue any further. I am not interested in religion, especially when it's used for hate.

Although, I like the argument that person used in the comments.
gadsila

Pro

Hey, thank you for the response. No my argument is not based of religion as I am an atheist myself. As you for being a transsexual known as genderdysphoria within the medical community one wishes to become another gender, let's say you are a man that wishes to become a woman. Even if you were to perform such operation every single cell in your body would still have the XY chromosomes, and you would still have a manly brain. You might argue that they are pursuing for their happiness as you said, and you might respond that aslong as they hurt noeone else why care. Would it be fair saying the same for someone that is Schizophrenic ?

40% Of those that a transsexual will try or commit suicide which is sign that there is a negative balance within their body. Not to mention the dangers of taking hormone pills. Some say that this suicide rate comes from the fact that society does not accept them, however the only example we have group with a similar suicide rate is for the jews under hitler. If you think that transsexuals have it as bad as jews under hitler then please explain me how. After a gender operation these suicide rates still say the same, it would be like telling someone Schizophrenic that these voices actually exist and that all of us can hear them. Just like those that Schizophrenic don't know that they need help it is the same for transsexuals as the suicide rates go down after therapy.

http://www.vocativ.com...
https://www.timeshighereducation.com...
http://www.sexchangeregret.com...
straightup.gong

Con

I'm going to be honest, I don't have a reply. I guess that means you won. I respect your argument, though I don't agree. Thank you for educating me further and accepting this debate. Sorry if it wasn't as interesting as you'd hoped, but I'm new to this site and I'm just interested in educating myself on these topics. I had fun though!
gadsila

Pro

Oh yeah thanks :)
I didn't even know you could win these things, im new here too :P
Posted by sdenker 5 months ago
sdenker
Maybe I can provide some insight on this, myself being transgender.
Transgender does not equal a man putting on woman's clothes. It does not equal a man in a man in a woman's body. Gender is something in your head, not something defined by your genitalia. Transgender is defined as a person's gender being different from the assigned sex.
Key word is assigned. I myself am assigned female, but having certain body parts is not what makes my gender. Plenty of trans people do not have surgery, because they feel good that way. It's all in the opinion of the person. Gender reassignment surgery is not for everyone. I for one, would like to have it.
I see you have made a comparison to a nose job.
I, for one, do not like the body parts I have because they seem to tell the world that I am a woman, when in fact I am not. Many people feel the same. So the is the issue that surgery is allowing people to change their bodies, or is the issue that people associate sex with gender when this is untrue?
Posted by YouGotsToBe 5 months ago
YouGotsToBe
I think the underlying issue of Transgender is reflected in the music industry of this time, hollywood and other places where kids get distorted from a very young age unconsciously. All though men and woman have been putting on eachothers clothes for ages now, getting surgery to actually implant or remove parts seems to me like we're ignoring the underlying causes for this. It might be due to the idea that society has what it means to be either man or a woman.. and how thats expressed. Certainly its up to multiple factors. But it might have been an issue that was around longer but now can finally seem to express itself because there's technology to make these surgeries and transformations possible..?

I just wonder if we had different and more appropiate influences if these ideas would still be there.
But for example there is a boy who doesn't like his nose so he goes to a surgeon to get a nose job.
Should he? Shouldn't he learn to love his body? And what creates this idea that his nose isn't good the way it is? In my opinion this is learned.. and this is not something he's born with. He isn't born with the idea of a having an ugly nose. I'm interested in this debate and would like to see where it goes.
Posted by gadsila 5 months ago
gadsila
Vote Placed by warren42 5 months ago
warren42
straightup.gonggadsilaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession by Con
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 5 months ago
dsjpk5
straightup.gonggadsilaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.