HermanGomez95
Ramatamn

Is being gay a choice influenced by society?

HermanGomez95
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

HermanGomez95

Con

This debate will consist of 4 technical rounds with myself waiving my first round and Pro waiving his last round. (Therby, each party gets 3 rounds) Since Pro originally voted yes to this in an opinion polls section of this site, he as thereby accepted the BoP, meaning he must prove why his stance is factual, whereas I must only refute his assertions.

The structure of the debate is as follows:

Round 1:

Con: Waives round, challenges Pro.

Pro: Opening Arguments

Round 2 :

Con: Opening Arguments and First Rebuttals

Pro: First Rebuttals

Round 3:

Con: Arguments and Rebuttals

Pro: Rebuttals and Closing Arguments

Round 4:

Con: Final Rebuttals and Closing Statements

Pro: Waives round.

With formalities aside, I hope Pro accepts my debate.

Let’s keep this civil, but impassioned!

Ramatamn

Pro

Hello Herman, First, I think there's been a mistake. I do not agree with the question. The question at hand could be answered "yes" and "no" at the same time. What I'm saying is that on one hand, it comes down to choice. We are all free agents and accountable for the choices we make. But on the other hand, of course society promotes being Gay as a positive along with the rest of the human vices. Society influences thought and opinion, usually to the detriment of said society. But society does not make you gay or a thief or a liar. If you look at history, it is a never-ending rerun of the same mistakes being made over and over spanning thousands of years. Making the old adage "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" true. Again, We are all free agents and accountable for the choices we make. That is why we are here. Thank You.

This is my first debate here, and know nothing of technical rounds and such so bear with me.
HermanGomez95

Con

In order to clarify a more sufficnet argument, me and my opponent have agreeded to craft a new debate that addresses a much more important question. So, we ask that you ignore this deate by electing a tie! Thanks for your consideration, I'll see you for the other debate.
Ramatamn

Pro

Ramatamn forfeited this round.
HermanGomez95

Con

A reminder to voters that this debate has changed in order for my opponent to properly assert his arguments. Thereofe, please elect a tie!
Ramatamn

Pro

Ramatamn forfeited this round.
HermanGomez95

Con

Ramatamn

Pro

Ramatamn forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by TheJuniorVarsityNovice 2 years ago
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
HermanGomez95RamatamnTied
Reasons for voting decision: con refutes pro's non arguments. condo because ff