TheMajesticDudette
Arcanas

Is being gay okay?

TheMajesticDudette

TheMajesticDudette

Pro

Being gay is okay because its true love. If you could only love the opposite gender, then that would be truly unfair and stifling. You love who you love. Being gay is okay because it means freedom of love, in a way.

What do you think? You may think the same of differently.
Arcanas

Con

TheMajesticDudette

Pro

Thanks for accepting, Arcanas! :) No hard feelings, dude/dudette.

Let's bring religion into focus.

John 14/1: "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; also believe in me."

So, basically, the Bible is saying that God and Jesus love all. Why do people say that a couple of guys who might not even exist don't like gays? Here, they are clearly stating they love all. Major contradiction!

If God really does love all (as he clearly does) then being gay is obviously fine, right?
Arcanas

Con

Arcanas forfeited this round.
TheMajesticDudette

Pro

Now, let's bring "naturalness" into focus.

Love is natural, right? Being gay is also natural, right? Being gay means being attracted to the same gender, right?

Therefore, being gay is natural.
Arcanas

Con

Just because something is natural does not make it good or ok.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

My opponent has to prove the bible is true in order to use it.

My opponent failed to meet bop. I argue that gays can't reproduce. Thus dooming us to extinction.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Sorry, pet peeve over using the word gender in the place of sex.
Posted by TheMajesticDudette 1 year ago
TheMajesticDudette
Thanks for your point, Ragnar.

I am completely aware that gays are attracted to the same sex. I thought I made that clear.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
@Pro
Gays are attracted to the same sex, for example would you call a man gay for having a tomboy fetish? Yet you would if he has a thing for male transvestites.
http://www.nomorestrangers.org...
Posted by Arcanas 1 year ago
Arcanas
I already told you: Devils advocate...

Plus I waited until (literally) the last minute.
Posted by TheMajesticDudette 1 year ago
TheMajesticDudette
Incorrect, Arcanas. Gays can reproduce through in-vetro fertilization. Also, not everyone is gay, which makes your argument invalid. I was simply stating that being gay is natural because people who are anti-gay may believe it to be unnatural :)

Meg, thanks for your comment! However, may I point out that there is an extreme difference between true love and murder and the like? Again, thanks :)
Posted by Megob99 1 year ago
Megob99
Hi @TheMajesticDudette I just figured I would respond to your first argument because it was not valid in fact many verses in the bible state being gay is not okay
Leviticus 18:22 ESV
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

So for those I would just like to say on your topic of religion that was not a valid case
God does love all but it is a sin like murder or lying.... in Gods eyes they are all sins the thing is if we repent and ask forgiveness of our sins God will Forgive. So just figured I would put that out their because I didn't agree with your first argument in any case have a great debate! :)
Vote Placed by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
TheMajesticDudetteArcanasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited vital round, which left pro's case untouched until the final round. Final Round Blitzkrieg is an unacceptable tactic, thus the brief case from it is ignored.
Vote Placed by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
TheMajesticDudetteArcanasTied
Reasons for voting decision:

Conduct  = Con FF round, and offered argument in final round.
S & G    = no issues either side
Argument = Con did not refute pros argument, only offering any argument in final round with no chance to rebut
Sources  = N/V