Aadiroxman
SnaxAttack

Is being popular necessary for the school students

SnaxAttack

Aadiroxman

Con

I don't think so that a child studying in school should aim to be popular. His main focus should be studies and other activities . Making friends is a different thing , but to entertain people for no use just at the cost of your studies is not the right thing to to .
SnaxAttack

Pro

I will challenge you to this debate.

When the discussion of "popularity" comes to mind, many think it is a bad influence; which it can and can't. However, if we look at the definition of popularity, it states: "Like, admired, or enjoyed by many people or by a particular person or group". The definition does not always refer to doing "idiotic" activities, like drugs or dating, but could refer to school studies or activities.

My opponent says that a students primary goal in school is to study and work hard. I will agree on that point; however, quoted by my opponent, he said: "Making friends is a different thing". How is making friends different than the topic given? Getting friends in school is one of the few necessity's in life, so you will not feel lonely in school or in the future of your life. Being popular gives the element of social interaction, and can actually help in the students future. Of communication with others, and always having someone watch his or her back.

To conclude, we all believe popularity is a negative effect for anyone's life; but don't look at the true definition. It does not refer to doing "idiotic" activities, but being favored by a particular group, which can typically be anything. Study hall, because you helped a lot of people, or simply chess club. And popularity can also help with the social interaction a student needs. Allowing him or her to make friends, and be more fluent in communication.
Aadiroxman

Con

Aadiroxman forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Pro

To further my argument for the given debate, popularity is always perceived as a "notorious" idea because of the "idiotic" actions that are stereo typically done by many individuals, but popularity increases social interaction. Social interaction is the process of communication among anyone's peers, and does actually benefit the students more than impact them. One example is that it creates more friendships in school, where the student will not be as "influential" in being bullied. As well as prevent any suicidal thoughts because of having the curse of "loneliness".

Because of my opponent not responding in this round, I decided to leave my argument short until my opponent responds. I wish to be fair and just in this debate; not a person who "bombards" my opponent until the final round. I'm a man of my word!
Aadiroxman

Con

Aadiroxman forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Pro

I think I might have won because of my opponent forfeiting a lot.
Aadiroxman

Con

Aadiroxman forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Pro

No point in really posting an argument
Aadiroxman

Con

Aadiroxman forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Pro

Because of a forfeit, I think I won because of posting more in arguments.
Posted by Donderpants 2 years ago
Donderpants
I'd take your side of the argument, but I hate even the concept of being popular. Having people around you all the time..... no thanks.
Vote Placed by Cotton_Candy 2 years ago
Cotton_Candy
AadiroxmanSnaxAttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON forfeited the majority of his rounds.