Is bisexuality the same thing as pansexuality?

I am bisexual but I am also not sure whether pansexual is a thing or if it should just be adjoined to bisexual. I'm trying to define the two and what I have heard so far is that pansexuals don't care what gender the person as opposed to bisexuals who apparently do care but I have not heard whether bisexuals actually care about the gender they are involved with. I also understand that bi means 2 gender while pan means all of them, but what other genders are there? Agenders actually have a gender they just don't act like they do, they do however have a biological gender. A bisexual can also love a transgender based on the gender they identify as.

Bisexual - sexually attracted to both men and women[1]
Pansexual - not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity[2]

According to these definitions, bisexuality is attracted to men and women. However, pansexuality is attracted to any human being, which means they could be attracted to hermaphrodites and genderqueers along with men and women. Therefore, pansexuality is different from bisexuality since bisexuals are only attracted to two genders, and pansexuals are attracted to all of them.

Well, from new evidence, bisexuality is when you can be attracted to both sexes, male and female. Gender is different from sex. Sex is biological while gender is more of a cultural thing. Pansexuality refers to multiple sexes not genders while there can be more than 2 gender, there can not be more than 2 sexes, of course excluding hermaphrodites, which is a rare genetic disorder which I don't think there are enough hermaphrodites to include them for that. Should we make a new word for every new genetic disorder orientation?

RevNge forfeited this round.

Well, you forfeited. Does this mean I win? I'm sort of new to this website.
In conclusion bisexuality and pansexuality have to do with your biological sex, not their culture or what they identify with. Hermaphrodites are an extremely rare occurrence and even then, most of them go through surgery of some sort to dissolve the organ with which they do not wish to be biologically. Pansexuality IS the same thing as bisexuality.

Apologies for forfeiting; I just got back home after 18 hours, and was unable to meet the 24 hour limit. However, I will clarify why Con wins the debate.

R1: "Bisexuality and pansexuality have to do with your biological sex, not their culture or what they identify with." or "Pansexuality refers to multiple sexes not genders."

Gender - the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex[1]

Sex - the sum of the structural, functional, and behavioral characteristics of organisms that are involved in reproduction marked by the union of gametes and that distinguish males and females[2]

As Pro has said, bisexuals are not attracted to hermaphrodites, also called the "third biological sex," and if they were, they would be pansexuals according to the definitions. However, this is only a minor concession on Pro's part. Here is why Con wins.

I will restate my definition of pansexual:

Pansexual - not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity[3]

Pansexuality is specifically being attracted to all gender identities. Therefore, gender is a crucial part of the definition of pansexuality, and this argument is refuted.

In addition, as Pro and the instigator, my opponent needs to prove how bisexuality is attracted to other gender identities, as that is the primary difference between bisexuality and pansexuality. He has not met his BoP for this debate. As a result, Con should win, but I will provide a backup contention.

C1: Bisexual and Pansexual Communities are Different

Here is the bisexual flag:

And here is the pansexual flag:

In the bisexual pride flag, the blue represents homosexuality, the pink represents heterosexuality, and the lavender represents bisexuality.[4] From this, it can be said that bisexuality solely applies to being attracted to solely males and females, as it is considered as a "mix" by the community. In the pansexual pride flag, the pink represents females, the blue represents males, and the yellow represents the third-gender--all other gender identities.[5] Therefore, the bisexual community symbolizes themselves as being attracted to males and females only, as they would have amended it (they have the power to) or they would have joined with the pansexual community.

Vote Placed by 9spaceking 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff, but con showed that pansexuality was different from bisexuality