Debate146
Devon106

Is black lives matter a good organization or a bad organization

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

Debate146

Con

Do you support black lives matter. If you do, you're making a mistake. Black lives matter is a group that is supposed to be trying to stop police killing black people. Instead they are trying to create community's made up of only blacks taking America back to the way it was before the civil rights movement. Donald trump is against black lives matter . Hillary is all for black lives matter. This is important because black lives matter is pretty much turning America into what it was 40-50 years ago during civil rights where blacks are separated from whites. I believe that black lives matter as an organization needs to stop before it causes more problems for America.
Devon106

Pro

Have you heard of Black Lives matter? A lot of people think it is a big problem but I disagree. These members are just trying to get their point out there and make a difference. Black lives matter is a big issue in the debate. Hillary thinks that Black Lives Matter is not a problem and she is for it. Trump thinks that police need to increase law and order to keep people in line. I believe that Black Lives Matter is not a problem because the members are just putting there point of view out there and trying to support African Americans across the world
Debate146

Con

Even though black protesters are grieving the lives of Michael brown and Trayvon martin they don't have to make their protests violent. For instance even President Obama who is a Black lives matter says that this violence needs to stop because I could derail his campaign to federalize state and local police forces. A even bigger problem arose when 5 police officers were shot and killed while trying to block a black lives matter protest in Dallas Texas. So therefore these violent protests are just making black lives matter an even bigger problem
Devon106

Pro

Many critics say that the protests become really violent but they are not. For one police make it really violent because they are throwing smoke bombs and pepper spray at them.

Black lives matter right now because Africans Americans are the ones mostly getting shot.

only 17% of our population is African American and yet so many are dying from police brutality each year
-
Debate146

Con

You may say black lives matter but I say all lives matter. I know that black lives matter at the time but this slogan is basically saying that blacks are more important than whites. I personally thought that blacks wanted everyone to be equal and have equal importance. What happened to that? All lives matter is saying that everyone is just as important as another. The black population may be smaller but that doesn't mean that they are more important than whites.
Devon106

Pro

Black Lives Matter is helpful for the community because it gives African Americans support.
Debate146

Con

Is black lives helping the community?NO! Police brutalities as of now would be impossible to get rid. If you think about it what the black lives matter movement is just making those brutalities worse. A problem about the BLM movement is that they are focusing on the bad things about police brutalities instead of thinking about what would happen if they actually achieved their goals. In all sense black lives matter is not helping the black community's at all.
Devon106

Pro

Have you heard of Black Lives matter? A lot of people think it is a big problem but I disagree. These members are just trying to get their point out there and make a difference. Black lives matter is a big issue in the debate. Hillary thinks that Black Lives Matter is not a problem and she is for it. Trump thinks that police need to increase law and order to keep people in line. I believe that Black Lives Matter is not a problem because the members are just putting there point of view out there and trying to support African Americans across the world.

Black lives matter right now because Africans Americans are the ones mostly getting sprayed only 17% of our population is African American and yet so many are dying from police brutality each year
Black Lives Matter is helpful for the community because it gives African Americans support and also I believe that it is showing support for all black

Yes, all lives matter but black lives matter right now.more often when you consider how many people live in the United States OK I don't want to fight I just want everyone to be free and not just blacks to get shot
Debate146

Con

Even after this debate my thoughts haven't changed at all. Devon106 says that BLM is good for America. But my facts and evidence overpowers his. I hope you will see my side of the story and vote for me. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to vote.
Devon106

Pro

History has a powerful, painful way of repeating itself. During the early days of the Civil Rights movement and the subsequent Black Power Movement, many elders watched on with public confusion and criticism " unsure what either movement was truly accomplishing. That"s common. Our parents misunderstood us. Their parents misunderstood them. Now, my wife and I are fighting so hard to not misunderstand our five children " who simply see and experience the world in ways that are incredibly different than our own.

So it is with Elaine Brown " former Chair of the Black Panther Party " now 73 years old " looking over the Black Lives Matter movement and sounding like many grandparents sounded about her work in the 70s. In a recent interview, where she strangely said that the Black Lives Matter Movement "has a plantation mentality," she went on to offer a litany of harsh criticisms of the modern movement when comparing the two of them together
Posted by Joe_B 1 month ago
Joe_B
I think that Eliot is going to win.