nathanw2002
logicinlife

Is call of duty better than Battlefield?

nathanw2002 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/5/2017 Category: Games

nathanw2002

Pro

Call Of Duty is much better than Battlefield. Don't agree? Tell Me. Argue away.
logicinlife

Con

Pro firstly makes a claim, "Call of Duty is much better than Battlefield", thus the burden of proof is actually on him to prove his claim. However, I will bite.

Since Pro did not define anything, I will currently be basing my argumentation on the multiplayer expierence of the series.

Why Battlefield is Better:

(1) Vehicles. In Battlefield you can use vehicles in multiplayer

(2) Maps of substance. Not only are maps based on real locations, but they are larger, complex, and are dynamic in how they interact with players. Buildings blow up making you have to adapt to the battlefield, the weather can change such as a sand storm in Sinai Desert, and you have to consider the different impact each objective has based on location. This brings me to my next point.

(3) Battlefield requires tact, skill, and adaptation. You must adapt to the enviorment, consider the drop of your bullets, consider the objective and what would benefit your team. In call of duty, even on domination, all you have to do is run around and kill people. In Battlefield you must be able to choose a class specific to supporting your team, sometimes regardless of whether or not you want to be that class. For example; if you have a squad in Battlefield 1 who are playing the assualt class and trying to break through the enemy lines on Operations, you may be forced to play medic or support to revive them or support them. In addition, as the map morphs you may be forced to change out weapons, tact, and class.

(4) Better game modes. While COD and Battlefield share some game modes, Battlefield implements them better and with Operations, Battiefled gives you a full fledged war to participate in.

(5) It is actually a war game. The point of the game is war, and yet COD is an arcade shooter dedicated to making people focus on K/d ratios opposed to winning a war. In COD the guns are inaccurate to reality, theres little recoil that reflects the actual gun, and anyone can pick up COD. In fact, the only thing COD has over Battlefield is the low learning curve.

Most people who switch from COD to Battlefield stick with Battlefield so long as they stick around long enough to get out of the learning curve. COD is great for players who like redudant, skillless, shooters while Battlefield is for players who like dyamic, skillful, focus. A game where sometimes your K/D must suffer to win the objective for the sake of your team, Battlefield's intensity is higher, just as is the fun and the skill required to play.

-S.C.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 8 months ago
FanboyMctroll
Never played Mass Effect but I only hear good things about it.

Now there is the new one Andrometa I think?
Posted by RR-MKIV 8 months ago
RR-MKIV
Original mass effect trilogy all the way, scratch the ending.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 8 months ago
FanboyMctroll
Medal of Honor is pretty old, they haven't made a Medal of Honor game in a while. But I do agree Call of Duty is fvcking awesome!!

Maybe a better debate would be Is Call of Duty better then Battlefield?