laryn
hwang710

Is cereal in milk soup?

laryn has forfeited round #2.
Started: 9/8/2017 Category: Funny

laryn

Pro

Some may argue soup is heated liquid that typically contains meat and veggies. Not all soups are heated. Cucumber soup, for example, is not heated and has a yogurt base. Fruit soup is chilled. Even Gazpacho is not cooked. Just because people say all soups are heated doesn't mean they are correct. Some soups are not. I have even seen people eat tomato soup uncooked/cold. By definition "soup" is "a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water." Operating term being "typically", meaning that it isn't a requirement. I think that the idea of cereal needs to be understood, cereal is the grain stuff without the milk, so no cereal on it's own is not a soup, but cereal in milk IS.

Cereal soup. It's what's for breakfast.

SO yea, cereal in milk's soup.
hwang710

Con

You walk into a restaurant and you ask for the special. They give you a bowl of milk, a little dull isn't it. Your statement is pretty understandable but milk soup is actually an Eastern European soup with salt and flour. Your definition and understanding of the word "soup" is correct but not only adding a liquid is important but adding other ingredients are important in order to actually make soup. To wrap up my argument, if you eat cereal with milk soup, good luck eating it with extreme saltiness.
Posted by hwang710 4 months ago
hwang710
BTW Laryn I like how you come up with really funny debates but this debates should be in culinary.
Posted by hwang710 4 months ago
hwang710