Titleist915
Wylted

Is cheating more forgivable by women or more by men

Wylted

Titleist915

Con

I have a few women friends who seem to always find men that cheat but they always take them back for more. I also have male friends that tolerate cheating and keep going back for more. I understand when we are young we tolerate because we haven't learned but people over 45 have no excuse
Wylted

Pro

There is no need for anybody to vote on this because my opponent can't possibly fulfill the resolution. He hasn't even made what side of the resolution he is on clear.

With that being said:

People shouldn't feel constrained by the customs of the past. The culture and technology is changing so fast that we need to be quicker at throwing away cultural norms and starting new ones. There is really no reason for a couple to be monogamous. The reason you know so many people who've been cheated on is because people realize on a subconscious level and above that monogamy is a sham. If I make a cute lady friend who I'm sexually attracted to there is no reason, I shouldn't be allowed to make love to her, as long as she desires it. The same can be said for my fiance. She can sleep with other people so long as she is safe about it by staying away from creeps, using protection and not getting overly attached.

There are numerous studies that actuall confirm that non monagomous relationships are the way to go.

"jealousy was also less prevalent in non-monogamous relationships because it is "more manageable " and is experienced less noxiously." Because both partners established the boundaries of their partnership in advance, there was less reason to feel threatened by other men."

http://www.salon.com...

Monogamy is a quickly becoming a thing of the past as it should. o we to my opponent.
Titleist915

Con

What you are commenting on is an open relationship so your right there is no argument.
Wylted

Pro

Actually what I'm talking about is the norm. Up to 60% of couples have had problems with infidelity at some point, and it's these old fashioned outdated concepts of monogamy that cause people a ton of stress. Couples shouldn't fight over extra marital affairs. They should be supportive of them and engage in them without regret or the inner turmoil associated with going against the societal norms.

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com...

It's been proven that new couples are starting to become more frequently involved in extra marital affairs. http://www.wsj.com...

Why should these people feel wierd about or guilty for what most other couples engage in at some point? Instead of going against their natural urges, they should find a way to be accepting of them.
Titleist915

Con

I disagree totally I believe people tolerate cheating less now than they ever have. Matter of fact people are starting to be happy alone instead of sharing a loved one
Wylted

Pro

Con completely and rudely ignored all my points. Voters either keep this a tie or grant me a win. It's not really a debate so I'm happy either way.
Posted by WillClayton 2 years ago
WillClayton
Why is 45 the cutoff?
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Titleist915WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Tie. Both had adequate conduct throughout. S&G - Pro. Con lacked alot of punctuation and proper grammar, such as "your" instead of "you're", or commas where needed. Normally I wouldn't care but Pro had no such errors, thus he wins these points. Arguments - Pro. Con completely failed to rebut any points raised by Pro, and essentially took a stance in the very last round which was too little too late. It's clear that Pro wins arguments due to his being largely unchallenged. Sources - Pro. Con did not utilize sources in this debate whereas Pro did.
Vote Placed by warren42 2 years ago
warren42
Titleist915WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con pretty much ignored all the Pro points... And made almost none of their own...
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Titleist915WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's bare assertions paled in comparison to Pro's referenced arguments. Con also largely ignored Pro's arguments, so argument points go to Pro. The sources Pro provided helped make the winning argument, so source points to Pro.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
Titleist915WyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con dropped all of Pro's case, and thus concedes it as true. So Pro wins