coolgirl28
Danflora

Is cheerleading a sport

Started: 1/27/2016 Category: Sports

coolgirl28

Pro

Is cheerleading a sport? This is a question that has been discussed for many years. The actual definition of a sport is an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. Cheerleading meets all of those standards. In this essay I will prove how cheerleading is a sport.

The first thing that it says is that it must involve physical exertion. In other words that means the activity of exerting your muscles.
Danflora

Con

Cheerleading is not a sport, because all sports have a winner and a loser. For example, chess is a sport that is recognized by the International Olympic Committee, and it has a winner and a loser. Though it is true that there are cheerleading competitions, the vast majority of cheerleaders are at other games, for example, basketball. Cheerleaders entertain the fans while there is nothing to see in the game, and they make way for the actual athletes. No one wins or loses.
coolgirl28

Pro

coolgirl28 forfeited this round.
Danflora

Con

Since my opponent forfeited his or her previous round, I will continue my points. Marking cheerleading is based solely in opinion. Though activities like diving are sports, these sports have set moves they must make. In other athletic games, cheerleading is simply a few basic moves with improvisation. This is not a sport: the marking is based solely on opinion.
coolgirl28

Pro

coolgirl28 forfeited this round.
Danflora

Con

Unfortunately, my opponent forfeited their last round as well. Therefore, my planned rebuttal was scuppered, and I shall have to make one last point of my own. Cheerleading in major games wins nothing: it only provides atmosphere and attracts fans. Everything you do in all sports help you win or lose. Cheerleading, on the otherhand, helps nothing.

I shall say no more. Let the community decide the winner of this debate.