Lala_14
Colonelswaqq

Is child discipline effective?

Lala_14

Pro

I, Pro will be debating that child discipline IS effective. Con will be debating that child discipline is not effective. First round is acceptance!
Colonelswaqq

Con

I accept the right honourable child abuser's motion of child abuse debate
Lala_14

Pro

Okay, first off I see that my opponent has forfeited a lot of rounds in his previous debate. Showing that my opponent does not take debates seriously. In which I do. Second, this debate is titled "Is child discipline effective?" not " Is child abuse effective?"
Do not assume that I am a child abuser. Discipline and Abuse are not the same thing. Do not assume things about me, because as a matter of fact, I do not know you kind sir. Shall we begin?

Definition of Discipline:
The practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.

"On the boardwalk near her home in Hallandale Beach, Fla., her 2-year-old daughter once threw a tantrum so violent that bystanders called the police. "Lailee has always wanted her way, and I made the mistake of always going her way," Goodman tells WebMD. Like many parents, she finds it easier to give in than to watch her little girl kick, scream and bang her head on the ground. So Goodman's day revolves around avoiding tantrums, a strategy that has made her virtually housebound. "Lailee often doesn't want to get dressed, so we don't go out " I just stay inside with her watching videos rather than enjoying the beautiful day."
http://www.webmd.com...

As you see in the paragraph above, kids these days are out of control. Expressing violent behavior. Some time your going to have to show kids discipline in order to get them to behave and act reasonably.

I await your response.
Colonelswaqq

Con

Disciplining your child shows that your child is breaking you, so you decide to use your dominance to try and break his/her will. If you hurt the child, he will stop hurting you right? Well no, cause all it does is harbor more and more resentment in the child and although he may try and avoid punishments, he will still do the same things. Basically people like you reduce relationships to commanders and commanded. Humans don't listen to other people's demands and bend to their will, but learn things for themselves. You want the kids behavior to change, make them want to change it. Are you gonna want to be Christian just if the government made you? No
Lala_14

Pro

Lala_14 forfeited this round.
Colonelswaqq

Con

Colonelswaqq forfeited this round.
Lala_14

Pro

Lala_14 forfeited this round.
Colonelswaqq

Con

Colonelswaqq forfeited this round.
Lala_14

Pro

Lala_14 forfeited this round.
Colonelswaqq

Con

Colonelswaqq forfeited this round.
Posted by ryeguy 3 years ago
ryeguy
i would also like to add that discipline does not mean forcing your child to do something like being a christian but the fact that you can't decipher what discipline is shows me that this is not a debate at all but rather an extremely poor display of some poorly formed opinions.
Posted by ryeguy 3 years ago
ryeguy
pro for discipline. It is not about "breaking" your child it is about setting boundaries so they can survive in regular society once they leave home and go out to hopefully be a regular functioning member of society and not someone who thinks they can do what they want when they want because the consequences are null.