thebestdebater.org
VDensovic

Is christianity real?

thebestdebater.org has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

thebestdebater.org

Pro

Is the resurrection true?
Yes, here is why:

first, let's start with the center of Christianity, The crucifixion everyone knows that jesus was a real person because people that are Muslim say BC and AD so everyone knows that he died but what you didn't know is that after he supposedly "died" 5000 people saw him moving now your probably saying they were delusional but it has been scientifically proven that having so many people being delusional is IMPOSSIBLE. So he died and rose from the died your now probably saying he didn't really die that is wrong because he got whipped 50 times in the back which ripped his flesh then they placed a crown of thorns on his head and then the tied him in a way that made him not be able to exhale so he couldn't breathe and finally they stabbed him into the stomach but by then he was practically already dead.
VDensovic

Con

You're making such extraordinary claims and backing them up with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Firstly, I'd like to start with the claim I found most ridiculous:

"It has been scientifically proven that having so many people being delusional is IMPOSSIBLE."

Can you show me the case study for this? To suggest such a thing is completely ignorant and ludicrous. So many people believed in Christianity at the time because it seemed to be such a believable idea. Religion was our first attempt at trying to understand our universe. People then still had the instinctual desire to ask questions and expect answers with regards to our origin and the nature of life as we do now - religion tried to give them that. Around the same time period many people thought the Earth was flat, knowing what we know now this is a highly delusional and ignorant idea. Billions of children around the world, right now, believe Santa Claus is going to fly around the world in a magic slay and visit EVERY single household in t the space of just 24 hours. While to a young person this is a very joyous and consoling idea, it is delusional nonetheless. To suggest a large group of people cannot be collectively delusional is a deeply remarkable and unfounded claim.

"everyone knows that jesus was a real person "

Provide some real historical evidence other then a book to prove this statement is true.

You, like many other Christians are drawing to barbarian conclusions that are completely baseless. If you're going to make such claims be sure to have evidence to support them.
thebestdebater.org

Pro

First of all, you never said anything that supported your side of this case all you did is say that what I said is wrong but you didn't show any facts proving it wrong.

The reason we know Jesus was a person is that even historians that aren't believers still say AD and BC which mean, After the death of Christ and Before Christ. Those are the reasons how we know he was a person.
Nextly, historians have proven that 500 people saw Jesus after the crucifixion and it is impossible for that many people to be delusional all seeing the same thing. And if you want proof that he really died here is a link that states that he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; https://www.alisachilders.com...

now copy and paste that into your search bar.
VDensovic

Con

I thought I would save my arsenal of calamitous arguments against Christianity for Round 2 - I wanted first to bring to light that your opening statement was founded purely on an assumption (or several), much like Christianity itself. So you'd like to talk about the legitimacy of Christianity?

I'd like to request you provide me just one piece of solid evidence in Round 3 that supports the existence of God. "But this debate isn't about the existence of God (or lack thereof)," you might say. No, but Christianity is founded entirely on the baseless claim that God does in fact exist.

Obviously Christianity as an institution and a religion is real. It is practised by many every day and has been for thousands of years - so that really isn't the question at hand. I think what you're meaning to ask is: 'Is the theology and scripture that is Christianity factual?' Neither you or I can say for sure. But we can apply the knowledge of modern science and philosophy and draw conclusions - logical or illogical as they may be. In this case, the most logical conclusion is: No, God is not real and the Bible makes extraordinary claims that cannot possibly be true.

To address your point about AD and BC, have not you heard of BCE (Before the Common Era) and CE (Common Era)? If not, I suggest you do some more research.
Posted by InfamousJesse 1 week ago
InfamousJesse
Christians are extinct like the dinosaurs
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 1 week ago
Bitch_Goddess
Has Pro never heard of BCE and CE? Ever gone to Highschool?
Posted by Nathaniel_B 1 week ago
Nathaniel_B
[VDensovic] Has a better advantage in this one.