Sonicboom
uwaga

Is clear cutting bad

Sonicboom

Con

Just a few words,
CLEARCUTTING SUCKS!!!!
it destroys the environment and kills animals, I would love to get more opinions, so please agree
uwaga

Pro

Clear-cutting sections of forest is a very efficient way to both harvest and replant trees. You know that lovely IKEA desk you bought the other day for dirt cheap? Well that's only possible because of clear-cutting. Clear-cutting generates consistent, high rates of return for the companies, and since savings are passed onto consumers, prices are kept predictable and low.

Although sections of clear-cut forest may not look aesthetically pleasing, there are many laws in place to limit the extent to which clear cutting can affect a forest. I looked into the Oregon laws for clear-cutting, and one example is that companies cannot clear-cut more than 120 acres, and cannot touch the forest surrounding that section until the new saplings are well established. Please remember that clear-cutting is NOT a synonym for deforestation. (Deforestation is removing trees permanently and replacing them with something like a mall)

Lastly, clear-cutting is also a very effective way to encourage the growth of shade-intolerant plant species that require a high intensity of light, and species that benefit from even competition. As the name suggests, these plants thrive when they have a large amount of sunlight, which sadly, they cannot get when that big nasty pine tree is blocking out all of the suns rays. When a section of forest is clear-cut, this allows the shade-intolerant plants to live comfortably, getting a maximum amount of sun exposure that they wouldn't get with large sunlight-blocking trees that are already mature and established, surrounding them.
Sonicboom

Con

Sonicboom forfeited this round.
uwaga

Pro

My opponent has forfeited, but I await their return.

In your original argument, you stated hat "it [clear cutting] destroys the environment and kills animals".

This is completely untrue. Clear cutting is the act of harvesting trees from a certain area of forest. It has no relation to hunting, poaching, or any other form of killing animals. If you wish to further argue this ridiculous point, then you certainly must have proof, since there is no correlation between the two issues.

As I've stated before, clear cutting does not destroy the environment. It actually aids in the growth of shade-intolerant plant species and is a very effective way to introduce new species of plant to the forest. Also as I stated before, there are lots of laws to regulate clear cutting, preventing the destruction of the environment. [1]

Clear-cutting is a brilliant way to harvest trees, introduce new species to the forest, and keep furniture and wood product prices quite low.

[1] http://oregonforests.org...

To add to that argument, natural disasters harm
Sonicboom

Con

Sonicboom forfeited this round.
uwaga

Pro

uwaga forfeited this round.
Sonicboom

Con

Sonicboom forfeited this round.
uwaga

Pro

uwaga forfeited this round.
Sonicboom

Con

Sonicboom forfeited this round.
uwaga

Pro

uwaga forfeited this round.
Posted by uwaga 2 years ago
uwaga
My apologies for that last fragment of a sentence in my round 2 argument.

"To add to that, natural disasters harm"

Please disregard that. It was an argument that I would use in this round, but I reconsidered to save it for a later round. I must have missed deleting that portion of a sentence.

My bad!
Posted by Sonicboom 2 years ago
Sonicboom
Thank you very much for agreeing with me I have been doing a lot of research and I have found out that tree fellers pollute so much air and with out trees, it stays there and breaks down the ozone.
Posted by Squirrelnuts57 2 years ago
Squirrelnuts57
Seriously dude, who would disagree with you? Thanks for mentioning this. I never heard of clear cutting before, but now I know what it is. Clear cut- to remove every tree from one location.Yeah, i am not an environmentalist, but our animals need places to live, and it would cause a higher rate of pollution. Please, someone take this up. I would love to see why clear cutting would be a good thing.