HOBOES
WriterSelbe

Is computer games better than a console?

Started: 11/13/2013 Category: Games

HOBOES

Pro

Ithink that computer games are way better than console games
WriterSelbe

Con

Console games are far better than computer games. Many computer games require internet connection. Even if they were purchased from the store, often to reap the full benefits of the game, one has to connect to the internet for multiplayer modes, making it an inconvenience.

Also, over 95% of Americans own a television ( http://www.nytimes.com...;). About five percent fewer Americans own a computer (http://www.cnn.com...). Because console games often require a television and are more accessible, they are better than computer games. Console games also encompass handheld consoles, making them portable.
HOBOES

Pro

Thank you for your post, Now you said "Many computer games require internet connection" For the some of them I see you are talking about online gaming sites like www.nexon.com or going through websties, but there is so many games that you could play it on a computer! playing with offline! there are console Cds and there are also computer Cds as I pick them warcraft www.starcraft.com like those FAMOUS ones you can research on internet.

And, that is true that 95% of Americans own a television and I am still researching facts computer gaming is better

So Good luck :D
WriterSelbe

Con

Most famous computer games are played best through connecting to the internet. Console games have merits that do not require connection to the internet. Both Warcraft and Starcraft are played best when connected to the web.

Because my opponent was not able to refute the accessibility argument, console games are to be considered best because they are most accessible, as 95% of Americans own a television.
HOBOES

Pro

First of all, I researchedand 81% of americans have internet acess, that couldn't follow the TV percent, but that is a lot too. From , and second, Console gamescost a lot, only the console's price average is 200 $$ to 420 $$ that is a lot of money to buy only a console isn't it? and If you buy a computer, it may cost more, but see, I could write this debate and go onlineand play games for free! I think that is the main point there.

http://en.wikipedia.org...;
WriterSelbe

Con

My opponenet contradicts my evidence of 90% of Americans having internet access with even less of a percentage, making my accessibility argument that console games are that much more accessible. As for the costliness of a console, a person can purchase a used or refurbished console or an older model and not have that problem, and because gaming systems aren't as complex as computers, the fact that they've been refurbished or lightly used won't have as much effect as buying a used or refurbished computer. Because of this, computer games are not better than console games.
HOBOES

Pro

I don't know the meaninig of that " the Console is accessible." most americans have computers so they can play on online or bring your game Cd with you! with a X box or a PS3 orPS4 or a wii, americans doesn't have consoles as much as the people have the computer. And when you said you can buyan older model, there are certain games that don't work on older models. Such as new games that is released recently.
WriterSelbe

Con

People don't have to purchase newer games. They can purchase older games. Most also have a television, which is a significant number more than a computer. Also, handheld consoles are a lot cheaper than computers, so those are better, too. Since my opponent provided evidence showing that more people have access to console games, I urge a vote in favor of the negative.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
I really have no clue to what to say to this but, Console games are the same as computer games that's if you're using a low-end PC but if you take a while save up a bit a New gaming computer can last you up to 5-6 years in tech possibly longer (depends) while consoles are updated very frequently and can be quite a hassle but there are the few that stand out. Anyways on Avg for a good gaming PC you need to spend around $650 but that's not that much money compared to the PS4's $400 and the Xbox's $500 and we know those are gonna last maybe 7-8 years. The sad part is that's without their "bundles" its still gonna cost you more for the games which is quite sad.

Plus, Steam, Mods
Consoles can't do any of this
Desura
I could go on but I won't
Posted by thedressmart 3 years ago
thedressmart
Preferably PC games, wide screens more visual and easy to play with keyboard and mouse.
Posted by TheAustralianSpitFire 3 years ago
TheAustralianSpitFire
I believe, WriterSelbe has got the advantage as HOBOES stated "81% of americans have internet acess"
The primary purpose of a PC is used for the internet (browsing,downloading,gaming) and so I believe if Writer finds a way to use it to him/her advantage, congrats need to be in order.

Ps. I have had way to many electronically systems and played them all, but sadly I just love the PC "even if it is a unfair playing field" because of specifications.
I thought I would just put my opinion and thoughts in,
Cheers
Posted by HOBOES 3 years ago
HOBOES
Vote please
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
PS3 all the way.
Posted by KozWanderer 3 years ago
KozWanderer
Definitely PC gaming.