prodigyinmathandscience
miles-pro-libertate

Is creationism a more viable model than evolution?

prodigyinmathandscience

Con

Rules

If either Pro or I fail to comply with the following rules, 7 points will automatically be deducted from that person.

1. No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

2. You may only troll when things get completely out of hand.

3. The BoP is shared.

Presentation

1. Wood wobbles. It is also very brittle. So, according to "Noah's Ark", his ark was constructed with wood. So, from a flood which struck, it would've annahilated the ark. Not only that, but because of how much it had to carry, it would've collapsed.

2. According to the bible, God forgives everyone for their sins. So, some pray in their everyday life, yet, they don't receive an answer. Neither do their prayers comes true.

3. Scientists have observed that galaxies repel us (Moving outward).
miles-pro-libertate

Pro

1. I'm not sure how this debunks Creationism, since Creationism is not based on the specifics; it is based on the belief that God created the entire universe and has a plan for us. We do not have ways of calculating exactly how strong the ark was built or how strong the flood was. Either way, none of us were there, so we don't know the specifics of the event since they are not the important part.

2. Prayer and communication with God are complex things that many theologians and Christians struggle with. God does not directly talk to us in a booming voice like in the Old Testament stories. Instead, he talks to us through our conscience and subtle events in our lives. One of the biggest questions asked by Christians is "Why do our prayers not come true?" This is because God does not give us everything we want: he gives us what we need. He will not give it to us unless he has a reason. Usually, it is in an unexpected way that surprises us. If you ask God for something specific, he may steer you towards something that will make you happier. Your prayers aren't always answered in an obvious way, nor do they always happen the way you want, but they are answered.

3. Yes, this is something that scientists have observed: red shift, universe expanding, etc.
prodigyinmathandscience

Con

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate.

Rebuttals

1. "I'm not sure how this debunks Creationism"

According to the concept of creationism, somene named Noah constructed an ark, with wood, and invited animals to rescue them from a flood that according to them, struck. However, from how much the ark had to carry (And since wood is brittle), the ark should've collapsed. Not only that, but the flood that struck was very powerful. So, that should've annahilated the ark.

This exposes the inaccuracy of the bible.

"We do not have ways of calculating exactly how strong the ark was built or how strong the flood was."

Like said, wood is very brittle. So, regardless of the strength of the grip, it would've collapsed anyway from the amount it has to carry. According to the bible (Or at least my friends say so), the flood that struck was very powerful. So, it would've obliterated it.

2. "God does not directly talk to us in a booming voice like in the Old Testament stories."

Alright. Those starred in the old testament received an answer (By answer, I mean they are replied to by god), while we don't. Those have still committed sin, but are forgiven. So, why are we distinct from them in a way that WE don't receive replies!? This doesn't really debunk creationism. It doesn't really make it a less viable model.

"Instead, he talks to us through our conscience"

As you creationists claim (Unless you're playing devil's advocate), god is in our conscience, telling us to do what he deems moral. However, he never tells us, "Your prayer will come true!" And even if one feels so, for some, it doesn't even occur.

"This is because God does not give us everything we want: he gives us what we need."

In accordance to the bible, in never lists that restriction.

"Your prayers aren't always answered in an obvious way, nor do they always happen the way you want, but they are answered."

Explain this: My grandfather was praying in his everyday life to live longer than 4 years (As doctors have calculated how long he was going to live), yet, he didn't live longer. He didn't receive an answer yet, as he told me. Not only that, but his prayer didn't come true.

3. I guess my opponent has accepted this point as defending my position of evolution being a more viable model than creationism, seeing as, as directly quoted from him/her:

"3. Yes, this is something that scientists have observed: red shift, universe expanding, etc."

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.
miles-pro-libertate

Pro

miles-pro-libertate forfeited this round.
prodigyinmathandscience

Con

prodigyinmathandscience forfeited this round.
miles-pro-libertate

Pro

prodigyinmathandscience

Con

miles-pro-libertate

Pro

prodigyinmathandscience

Con

miles-pro-libertate

Pro

Posted by miles-pro-libertate 3 years ago
miles-pro-libertate
1. I am not a fundamentalist, or even a creationist (in the more common usage of the word today usually meaning Young Earth), and I didn't really know anything to say since I had never argued for creationism before. Please dorgive me for not having good arguments in my first debate. 2. What's wrong with my Latin?
Posted by WaterTipper 3 years ago
WaterTipper
Miles-pro-libertate (What horrible Latin :P) is arguing like a true fundamentalist, replying to every refutation by BS along the lines of "God works in mysterious ways."

This is what happens when the debate has the rule "no plagiarism." These fundies then have absolutely NOTHING to say on their own.