Masterful
Zachris1

Is debate.org boring?

Zachris1 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Masterful

Pro

My stance is that Debate.org is very boring and attracts like minded boring people.
Zachris1

Con

If you say that, then that means that:
a.) You are calling yourself boring, and
b.) you are undervaluing boring minded people who might be the next genius.
Not everyone who is on this website is boring, some of these "boring" people are actually very interesting indeed. All you need to do is get to know them.
Masterful

Pro

Debating with a bunch of teens and wannabe scholars about subjects which neither participant is properly educated on is quite sad. Nothing is being accomplished by having these debates, it's purely for entertainment purposes and it's my belief that pretending you're a scholar or even a genius is not entertaining, in fact it's depressing.

Have you even read those long a.s.s debates that go on for 5 rounds 10,000 characters per round? NO ME NEITHER.
Debating could be fun, but almost EVERYONE gets their arguments from other websites and rewords what they have read and pretend that it's their own. This happens too often and I find that the debates are just not creative, nor are the arguments.
It's boring, unoriginal, spammy and always of a high-brow tone.

The most fun I had was in the ABM, but that quickly got shut down and DDO still remains stale, old and slowly fading into an abyss where it shall be forgotten altogether, this is because Airmax has been banning many people that were once part of this community.

Remember that Nazi guy from a few years back? Yeah well he got banned, all because people disagreed with his opinions. He wasn't violent, nor did he threaten anyone, he simply stated that ethnic minorities were unequal to white people in his opinion.
It would have been interesting to debate him and others with opinions so vastly different to our own, but that's not possible, because this website is prejudice towards racists and those with outlandish options. What this means is that the variety of people on this site are somewhat the same. This lack of variety makes the debates very similar and very dull.

To respond to my opponents first round-

I will state very clearly. No one on this site is a genius, to call someone on this site a genius is to take away from what it means to be an actual genius, don't dilute that. A genius would realize this is not a place to make a difference.

Not everyone on this site is boring, but the site itself is boring due to restricted content. For example I tried to have a strong civil debate regarding niggers and steroids, I think the debate was titled "Negroids" or something, it was swiftly removed by customer support. This is outrageous. Are we not allowed to talk about black people and drug use?
Posted by BennyW 12 months ago
BennyW
It is not as interesting as it used to be. Back in the day there were tons of interesting debates, now the debates can be rather boring.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
Wow. I cannot believe that you really created this debate. THIS debate is the only boring debate i ever saw
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 year ago
FanboyMctroll
Masterful how come you never post on the forums, your debates are always controversial and people always say you are trolling but I have to admit, they crack me up. They certainly are not boring
Posted by Zidane 1 year ago
Zidane
Somehow, this topic was like asking a 'you don't say' subject.
Posted by Fatuous 1 year ago
Fatuous
Your right about the website being boring, Alot of the smart people on here are boring. But stupid people like me aren't very boring in real life, sure I may be a fck up but if you get to know me at least you want yawn from boredom. please excuse my bad grammer cause whenever i try to learn someting i get stupider. duuuuurrrr.