Is discrimination wrong?

My point of view on this is, it's completely wrong.
We should have no right to label people who we don't even know.
Everything depends on the person, they're held accountable for their own actions. Just because someone looks a certain way doesn't mean that they are what you think they are.
It's a very hateful thing to do. You, yourself will be a happier person if you don't discriminate. You won't need to be full if hate and when you hate, it'll just start a huge drama fight. No one likes a huge scene and if you do, then you may have some insecurities. People won't want to be around you when you're constantly hating people.

No... Discrimination is right. Without it, how would a society grow and develop? Unless violence is used as reinforcement, I see nothing wrong with mere discrimination.

So labeling someone isn't wrong? Being a rascist is okay then, putting someone down because their gay is just fine then?
People shouldn't be liked or disliked because of the way they look. If you think about it, it's actually tearing us down. There's been more suicides and suicide attempts along with self harm such as cutting.
There's a kid at my school, he committed suicide because apparently he looked gay. Tons of people would fake cough or yell faggot as loud as they could. Even though he was straight and had a girlfriend from a different school. It's unfair to label someone, get to know them then label them.
All it is, is just pure hate.
I know it's not something that's going to automatically stop and it might never be stopped.
All I'm saying is that it's unfair and cruel. Give the person a chance. Get to know them, then decide.
Don't look at them then label them.

My opponents attitude towards discrimination is too naive to ensure its survival in a crude, unrelenting society like today's.

Being discriminatory in general does not mean that you have to be a racist or a homophobic person.

Again, being discriminatory does not have to mean you hate people for the way they look.

I see no proof to support your contention that there have been an increased amount of suicides and suicide attempts. Until you provide me proof, your contention is meaningless and therefore inadmissible.

Our justice system does not look at people then label them. They look at their personalities, their reputations, their records -- then they classify them. It's not like they're automatically placing these individuals in a clumped group.

My opponent wants proof so here i have it, although yet my opponent doesn't have proof theirself. People who get discriminated towards being gay or thinking they're gay has increased to 84.6%

41% of people attempted suicide from discrimination.

I'm not so much just talking about the job fields, although your look decides a lot on where you work.
Why do you think you rarely see a therapist or doctor with a tattoo, they're frowned upon.
Mostly in highschool is where it starts. Nothing good comes from putting someone down and lowering their self-confidence.

SeniorIntelligentDebator forfeited this round.
Posted by KaylynMarieXOX 3 years ago
Nothing's Impossible the word itself says I'm possible.
I'll give examples in my next argument.
And I'm sure someone will argue. There's tons of hateful people in the real world.
Posted by CriticalThinkingMachine 3 years ago
You need to define and give examples of discrimination.
Posted by Babeslayer 3 years ago
Good luck finding someone who'll actually argue with you on this...
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Wrong yes, but it's impossible not to do.