Reli
SupaDudz

Is disney good for today"s children

SupaDudz
Started: 11/17/2017 Category: Arts
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

Reli

Pro

Disney is good because it can make good memories for children when they watch Disney movies or visit Disney parks
SupaDudz

Con

Hello Sir... I will argue con for disney

First, I think Disney idealizes the perfect person in their movies. The majority of Princess were white as well. I think Disney as of now should try diversifying instead of figuring the "perfect body"

Disney movies have been very weak after the loss of PIXAR. They have failed to produce a SINGLE solely Disney movie
Frozen is overrated, like I said, it idealizes the prefect body

The parks do create memories, but they can reduce the prices because they are outrageously high. Poor families cannot afford these luxuries which definitely tells children they are not equal

In Conclusion...Disney has no morals to their endings and they have overpriced everything and a marketing scam
Reli

Pro

Disney is a large buisness and they want to make money so that explains why things are so expensive. Disney movies aren"t ment to be realistic so that"s why the people in them aren"t portrayed with realistic bodies. Disney is not about being realistic so they don"t really plan for there endings of movies to have morals or big lessons.
SupaDudz

Con

"Disney is a large buisness and they want to make money so that explains why things are so expensive. Disney movies aren"t ment to be realistic so that"s why the people in them aren"t portrayed with realistic bodies. Disney is not about being realistic so they don"t really plan for there endings of movies to have morals or big lessons."

There are many misspelled words in your arguments. Judges vote con on better grammar

That argument you does not support why kids should go. If Disney excludes people from eating or doing all these fun things from impoverished families that only can afford a ticket, then you are discriminating. 132 dollars for a ticket is outrageous. At my local theme park, its 49.99 for a ticket and $75 for a season pass. That is ridiculous and it can produce as equal memories.

So what if they aren't realistic, can't you have some diversity where the world is always tensed up on the big issues of being politically correct. That would make them more income than overcharging the prices

Shouldn't a movie have a moral? Or a lesson that the character learns. A child remembers those than a parent telling them

In conclusion, please vote con because has no sources to back him up, his grammar is off, and he has failed to extend his argument

Source:https://www.mousesavers.com...
Source:https://www.sixflags.com...
Reli

Pro

Look spelling and grammar aren"t my strength look at the argument when you vote not the little details. Kids should visit Disney because it makes great memories that can last a long time I know it"s expensive but aren"t the good memories worth it. Diversity doesn"t just have to be found in a place like Disney it can be found anywhere. We don"t have to depend on Disney for that. Disney may not be big on morals but they are not thinking of those things they are a company that is thinking more of what they believe an audience will want and are not looking to make a certain group happy.
SupaDudz

Con

"Look spelling and grammar aren"t my strength look at the argument when you vote not the little details. Kids should visit Disney because it makes great memories that can last a long time I know it"s expensive but aren"t the good memories worth it. Diversity doesn"t just have to be found in a place like Disney it can be found anywhere. We don"t have to depend on Disney for that. Disney may not be big on morals but they are not thinking of those things they are a company that is thinking more of what they believe an audience will want and are not looking to make a certain group happy."

Spelling and grammar are a category to vote on, therefore it is relevant so vote con on spelling and grammar

Some people may have a bad time at Disney or don"t like a Disney movie therefore they will have a bad memory. Therefore the memories they make will be bad and ruin a child"s purity. Also Disney has been known for being racist and offending people, like that time when they stereotyped black people. That is not entertaining to the audiences and people did not find this funny. Disney is not big on morals but they should because in world where there is hate, Disney should not contribute to this hate as they are meant for unity. They are dividing. That does not provide a child entertainment in fact it fills hate in heart. Disney is discrimination

Judges vote CON on sources because I stated 2 sources while PRO stated none
Judges vote CON son spelling PRO mispelles words in PRO while I did not
Judges vote CON on convincing arguments because PRO did not answer any of my claims that I made with short answers

Judges vote CON because PRO failed to bring up arguments.
Posted by SupaDudz 1 week ago
SupaDudz
Thank you for that judge!! I will learn now
Posted by Ragnar 2 weeks ago
Ragnar
They have zero obligation, but if they're good for children is the topic of the debate; so it's open season on their behaviors.

Regarding voting policies... S&G is only supposed to be awarded if it seriously distracts from the debate. Sources, they need to be significant to the debate. Having two sources on ticket prices, it's nice, but the impact is too low (had the prices become a point of conflict which a source was used to prove, that would be closer... but probably still not enough). Similarly conduct requires true horrible sportsmanship or forefiting.
Posted by Nataliewardwood 2 weeks ago
Nataliewardwood
Disney then was innocent and a decent influence for kids.. Now its shitty and Walt Disney would be ashamed
Posted by Simple_Logic 2 weeks ago
Simple_Logic
If disney teaches and communicates good virtues then it is good

If it does not, then it is not good
Posted by SupaDudz 2 weeks ago
SupaDudz
Marta10, I am not arguing if they have an obligation, i am arguing that they should
Posted by SupaDudz 2 weeks ago
SupaDudz
Posted by Marta10 3 weeks ago
Marta10
Disney has no obligation to educate children. You have, do not throw your responsibility on Disney.
Posted by Jay1980 3 weeks ago
Jay1980
No. I will not let my kids watch anything Disney. Nor go to disney land. They support gay marriage
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 weeks ago
Ragnar
ReliSupaDudzTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues Disney is good for children because it creates favorable memories, con counters with them creating negative memories for a larger number who either cannot afford Disney, and/or be body shamed by the films. Pro's response that it's all about money, did not show benefit for the children (the resolution). Side points about their history were a nice touch, but a little off topic. That pro let the lack of moral lessons in the movies stand, was a large failing (it plus some metrics on how many kids watch the films vs attend the parks, could easily have redeemed the company to do more good than ill).