KJVPrewrather
wwwwh

Is ethnocentric hatred towards Arabs justified?

KJVPrewrather has forfeited round #2.

KJVPrewrather

Con

So let me tell you my background. I was a racist until I was 15 when I accepted racial unity for religious reasons. That said, even when I was racist, I never understood treating people badly. I feel that hating Arabs is just is wrong as hating black people, or whatever. Not now, nor will I ever understand this. Even 9/11 did not change my mind because humans are disgusting in general. I'm white, but come on white people. We have our own sins to deal with. Notice that I don't care if my belief in racial unity makes anyone angry, because I'm a Dr. King progressive.
wwwwh

Pro

The topic needs further clarification. Are we talking about individual Arabs, or middle eastern culture and Islam? If we are speaking in the broad sense, my position is that it is rational to look down upon, fear, and maybe even hate his culture. If we are talking about individuals than the hatred is not justified. Anyone who looks at an individual and instantly hates them because of how they look could not have a reasonable justification. No arguments this round as I want to be sure that you are speaking in the broad sense, as otherwise I must forfeit.
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 5 months ago
Tommy.leadbetter
Sounds to me like virtue signalling: Prewrather wants everyone to know that she is a good person for not discriminating against a race of people (no offence meant i'm sure your a good, nice person). I would disagree with her premise however, to an extent. Of course there is a scale: Arabs should not be physically harmed in any scenario for being Arabs. However its not morally wrong to highlight that a culture, that is largely associated with a race (Arabian in this case), is 'backwards', morally unacceptable or barbaric. I would suggest that it is in fact backwards, immoral or morally unacceptable to an extent.
Posted by Minddagger 5 months ago
Minddagger
plus, i don't remember the west having sex slaves, unlike some Muslim extremists.
Posted by Minddagger 5 months ago
Minddagger
what? in america and canada, schools are biased TOWARDS women, what sense does that make?
Posted by Youngastronomer 5 months ago
Youngastronomer
Ironically, the west oppresses women more than Muslims.
Posted by Youngastronomer 5 months ago
Youngastronomer
If it opposes women's rights? Why were Muslim women allowed education before the west?
Posted by jack00100 5 months ago
jack00100
I believe that Islam is a violent religion that opposes women's rights. This does not mean that all Muslims should be hated on because they shouldn't. I have met many Muslims and, most of them, have been great people. Hatred against Islam is ok but hatred against a whole group of people is bad. This is the same reason I disagree with SJWs because they take a person that they hate and say that all people that are similar to them should be punished.
Posted by SirNoodles518 5 months ago
SirNoodles518
Every race, religion, country etc. has good and bad people. There is no exception for white people or Islamic people. The sooner people realise this, the sooner we can finally realise that no one is responsible for what race they're born in but responsible for their own actions and choices.
Posted by Swagnarok 5 months ago
Swagnarok
Not hatred, but discrimination, maybe.
Posted by Youngastronomer 5 months ago
Youngastronomer
Truth has been spoken.
Posted by Arganger 5 months ago
Arganger
I hope you will argue this well, (In other words actually back it up) because I agree. My father was killed by a Muslim Arab terrorist and you don't see me hating everyone of that guy's race or even of his religion.