otaku.miner
VoteAnarchy

Is euthanasia a good idea for patients

otaku.miner

Con

I am on the opposing side, that euthanasia is not a good idea. I do not believe in miracles, yet because a doctor did not perform euthanasia on a 28 year old Jenny, she came back to life as she was 3 seconds dead after encountering a snowstorm while skiing. Another reason why euthanasia is not a good idea is because there are many other ways to relieve pain besides dying. One is painkillers, or perhaps sleep. The latter is not preferred at times because of the factor of dying, but there are other methods now that the factor of technology has been introduced to the world. Another reason euthanasia is not a good idea is because of the doctors having too much power over this. Euthanasia is for patients with failure from doctors to reviving a poor human that could be easily saved with proper care. A final example that euthanasia is not a good idea is because voluntary euthanasia leads to thoughts of involuntary euthanasia. Records prove from: http://www.cmf.org.uk... that there were 3,000 deaths because of euthanasia from the Netherlands. At least a thousand could be saved, and you know it. Euthanasia is not necessary, just let the patient die when they die. Yes, eventually everybody will die, but you have a life to discover and live for--new ideas, technology, science, and world everyday.
(End)
VoteAnarchy

Pro

I think voluntary euthanasia is a great idea. Every person has natural born human rights and one of those rights is to preserve some of their dignity and die when and how they choose. Pain is something that is relative to a patient. Someone's threshold of pain may be higher than another's, while sometimes a person's life situation could actually make them more susceptible to succumbing to that pain and actually making it worse. Couple that with the major distrust in the pharmaceutical and medical fields, people should have a right to say "I quit". Religious and spiritual beliefs can also play a huge role in how or whether to fight a given disease. No one should be able to tell someone they can't take their own life. Frankly, if they want to end it, they will. Much more peaceful and dignified to be able to make that choice yourself. You're statement that "at least a thousand could be saved" can't be proven, so I don't believe it adds anything to the involuntary argument.
otaku.miner

Con

Dying. Such a vague term. Some say it's a feel of pain. Some say it's a relief. But I would like to state it as the most horrifying thing of humankind. Even if you are in pain, death is not a revival zone. There is no "RESPAWN" button. There will be no fairy godmother helping you.

Even if they are in pain, they have to live to the end. Many ways can be used to help this. Approximately 75,000 are killed each year because of euthanasia, and I bet you more than half deserve to live. They probably had a chance. No, I do not believe in miracles or God, but I do believe in Science (though I hate taking it).
VoteAnarchy

Pro

Dying is a fact of life. Different religions believe different things about death. Your comment that you "do not believe in miracles or God" doesn't necessarily mean that those things don't exist. It's not your right or the right of doctors or their governing bodies to tell someone what to believe. Some people do believe in a "RESPAWN" button. Approximately 25% of the human population believes in some form of reincarnation[1]. Science can't prove them wrong. Your quote "Even if they are in pain, they have to live to the end". That's your opinion. You can't judge them for choosing to die. They're choice to forgo western medicine treatments is there's to make. Better to have a choice with a doctor or expert rather than having to determine how, where, and when to take the matter into your own hands.

You say "I do believe in Science" yet you say things like "I bet you more than half deserve to live". That's not science, that's assumption and opinion. Besides, what is it to 'deserve to live'?

References:
1 - https://en.wikipedia.org...
otaku.miner

Con

otaku.miner forfeited this round.
VoteAnarchy

Pro

Don't know exactly how someone forfeits a round in a debate, but ok.

I guess I'm winning then?
otaku.miner

Con

otaku.miner forfeited this round.
VoteAnarchy

Pro

VoteAnarchy forfeited this round.
otaku.miner

Con

otaku.miner forfeited this round.
VoteAnarchy

Pro

VoteAnarchy forfeited this round.
Posted by funnycn 2 years ago
funnycn
Letting people suffer is not a good thing.