maddyvonree
SJM

Is euthanasia morally justifiable from a Religious (christian) stance?

maddyvonree has forfeited round #2.

maddyvonree

Con

1st round-- introductory of stance and self.

Hello I'm maddy and I believe that Euthanasia is morally unjustifiable because of the ethical stance I take upon human life as a whole; the value of such from conception until natural death, and because of christian doctrine proving such and standing with me on such.

Round 2: first presented argument
Round 3: Counter argument
Round 4: Counter argument
Round 5: concluding argument

Good luck and may the best man win

(I wish to debate with a Christian who shares the same religious stance with me so that the argument is not only evenly matched, but can stay coherent with the argument at hand, not stray to whether God is applicable or not. When a person is not Christian in a religious moral debate, it becomes more about those who are not christian and what they believe about the topic, which is not why I am debating. Please, for yours and my sake, be a Christian or at least argue as a Christian so that I can keep my premise around the topic at hand and not waste time arguing the God debate. Thank you!)
SJM

Pro

My stance: Euthanasia can be in some cases morally justifiable. I consider human life itself valuable in addition to quality of life. Now, my opponent does mention that they prefer a Christian opponent to avoid the God debate. I will agree to not arguing the God debate, but I wish for everyone to consider my theological stance as only believing in God, not attached to any particular religion. My opponent and I seem to agree that God exists, however, my opponent is Christian and I don't associate with any religion. This still satisfies my opponent's purpose of skipping the God existing debate.

However, to respect my opponent's request of debating a Christian, if they really want me to associate as Christian, then I will do so. I prefer not to.

All this being said, I hope for a honest and respectful debate.