Biologist
TheCreationist

Is evolution a viable theory?

TheCreationist

Biologist

Pro

Rule (In singular form because there is only 1)

1) No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a 7-point forfeiture.

Presentation

Fossil Record

A fossil is a dead animal or plant preserved in the ground. There is a fossil RECORD. So, if snapshots from the past are arranged from oldest to newest, it illustrates a panorama. There may be missing animals. However, that is so because their bodies deteriorate (Either from the lacklust of nutrients, or from decomposers decomposing them) and may not have any bones.

Relation between humans and related living organisms

Scientists have discovered that the DNA of an ape is VERY similar to the human DNA. How does this support my claim anyhow? We were originally single-cellular organisms, according to evolution, overtime evolving. We evolve overtime into an ape. The next stage (After ape) is human.[1]

[1] http://www.amnh.org...
TheCreationist

Con

I accept this only because my opponent has committed plagiarism:

http://www.debate.org...

He copied everything from this link. He loses all seven points.
Biologist

Pro

Would you like to know why? We have a connection. I believe administrators can detect my IP address. So, go ask one to detect both RESEARCHisbest's and my IP address. You'll realize that our accounts are associated with the same IP address. I (And I stress that) presented the argument. I let RESEARCHisbest (My brother) continue it. We only purchased 1 computer. So, we have to share it. So, having established the fact that you accepted this debate, thus accepting my definitions, plagiarism here is defined as copying someone else's work and claiming it as your own. Well, I have the right to claim it as my own; Afterall, it's MINE!
TheCreationist

Con

...And now you admit you have a double account? And you admit your brother worked on it? Geez...
Biologist

Pro

Oh, no. You didn't comprehend. There are 2 accounts associated to 1 IP address. RESEARCHisbest is my brother. HE is in most possession of his account. I am in most possession of MY account. Not the other way around. I didn't register 2 accounts onto this website. Also, my brother did NOT study for those presented arguments; I (And I exaggerate that) studied for them. So, technically, it's not plagiarism. I didn't copy SOMEONE ELSE'S work. I simply copy/pasted my own.
TheCreationist

Con

...Then your brother plagiarized... Also, you said you let him "finish it up." That means it is not entirely your own work, and you did not cite your brother in helping, so it technically is (in some way) copying and pasting another person's own work.
Biologist

Pro

You, again, didn't comprehend. However, I can't really blame you. I wasn't really specific. By "finishing it up", I meant that I researched and analyzed to present an argument for him ONLY IN R1! And he was going to continue on the rest of the ROUNDS!
TheCreationist

Con

You have no evidence that is is not YOUR brother's argument and you are just copying it. You have no evidence that You should've specified EVERYTHING about this situation before someone accepted. He seems to have a better understanding of the topic than "not doing any research" [1].

[1] https://www.debate.org...
Posted by Biologist 2 years ago
Biologist
I'd like to make a modification in my R1 argument. I meant that both apes and humans share a common ancestor.
Posted by Biologist 2 years ago
Biologist
Better understanding? Are you really that f*cking- - You COMPLETELY changed the topic. How would you have known?
Posted by Biologist 2 years ago
Biologist
What exploitation. You accept this debate for your "supposed" "easy win".
Posted by Biologist 2 years ago
Biologist
Seems ironic at first. But AFTER YOU READ... Gosh...
Posted by Dufflepud 2 years ago
Dufflepud
"1) No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a 7-point forfeiture."

The irony of this is pretty mind boggling...
Vote Placed by GarretKadeDupre 2 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
BiologistTheCreationistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct and sources to Con because Pro plagiarized and Con caught him. Pro couldn't convince me he didn't plagiarize so arguments to Con.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
BiologistTheCreationistTied
Reasons for voting decision: As Pointed out by Con, Pro's argument is exact copy of the "Source" provided by Con and I'm not satisfied by Pro's reason for justifying it. Therefore I'm awarding all 7 points to Con.