SalmaX33
divergent_ambon

Is evolution real?

SalmaX33 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

SalmaX33

Con

I believe that evolution is not real, my opponent can start arguing in the first round, I despise acceptence rounds so start with what you like
divergent_ambon

Pro

The common descent of species from common ancestors is a well-established fact of biology. In the limited space I have here over the next 3 rounds, I wish to discuss 3 topics

1) Pseudo-Genes, Chromosome 2 fusion in humans, retroviruses, and other genetic pieces of evidence of evolution

2) Transitional Forms in the fossil record, focusing human transition in particular

3) Poor "designs" of various species, indicating their non-intelligent creation and origins in evolution

I'd like to throw out that I am a panentheist, borderline pantheist, and so am not doing this to "attack God" or anything of the sort. I'm quite spiritual myself and enjoy my times in Christian, Muslim, Jewish, and other religious houses of worship as well as time on my own contemplating and experiences the divine. The study of evolution to me is a spiritual activity, and it is not an attack on religions I love dearly.

As a clarification, Evolution is not:

1)The combined reproduction of two species to make a new species
2)Man coming from monkeys
3)Somehow divided between "macro" and "micro" evolution. Evolution between species is the result of the accumulation of small changes
4)The origin of life itself, abiogenesis
5)The origin of the universe in the Big Bang

Evolution IS:

1)Variation in attributes in divided organisms orchestrated through natural selection, mutation, and genetic drift

2)The descent of all living organisms from a common ancestor and later common ancestors splitting off into the species we see today

Now that this is clarified, we can continue the debate. I'd prefer to set that before my discussion begins so I can gauge my opponent's aptitude on this topic and type of response to give.

Posted by SalmaX33 1 year ago
SalmaX33
i am sorry that i forfeited, would you like to try again, it was my mistake
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
The way of eternal life through salvation in the gospels, is perhaps the most misunderstood of the present era. Largely because people in their own interpretations (a thing forbidden IN the Bible)
2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation.
Theologians, scholars and laypersons continue to violate this directive, is it a wonder that so many versions of the gospels exist. It is true that in the end times shall come deceiving spirits, who by cunning speech, lure man into a belief system that only relies solely on mans intellect and logic. This of course is in error, as God is so far removed from our way of thinking, as stated in scripture.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaks expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to deceitful spirits, and doctrines of demons;

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The way of salvation is these:
Romans 10: 9-10 if you declare with your mouth "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Nothing more and nothing less. In this is the "Gift" of eternal life freely given to you, all requirements for salvation are done and completed in their entirety by Christ blood sacrifice ALONE. You can add nothing to or take away from this gift, it is DONE. ETERNAL life IS yours.
FollowerofChrist1955
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
FollowerofChrist1955
To the person whom believes evolution is fact. It is nothing of the kind..... at least no more so than say .... Bigfoot! Actually there is possibly more evidence for Bigfoot than evolution.

I know that comes as a great shock and it should, the very idea that an entire populace can be duped by simple misleading theories.

Undeniable proof of the false theory of evolution can be simply resolved by 1 SINGLE question?

Name for us just 1 Living, breathing creature the size of a gnat created by a SINGLE evolutionary expirement.

If science successfully proved evolution they must have created a new creature from nothing..... right?
Nope they never did. They avoided answering that question by simply refusing to address it. Instead they simply regale people with terms of genomes and adaption, amino acids, biogenetics and such.

They reason is because they never actually CREATED a living breathing animal of any kind EVER. Best they could do was create a microbe something you could only view under a microscope and it remains a microbe today, has never EVOLVED into anything more! Nope not poking fun I'm serious it's easily provable.

Go check it out yourself? See for yourself, they won't SHOW you any breathing animal created, they will instead appeal to your imagination. Constantly explaining away theories none of which requires them to actually SHOW you anything they themselves created in their experiments. Remember name some kind of animal SCIENCE created from nothing.... if they proved it they MUST have created a new species themselves from nothing. Not a bacteria .... a real animal, insect bird, mammal invertebrate fish...... something. I'll wait for your researched answer.