ayshahiba
Narwhalicorn

Is fantage a safe virtual world for kids and teens?

Narwhalicorn
Started: 5/20/2014 Category: Games

ayshahiba

Con

Is fantage a safe and good virtual world.People keep suggesting fantage ,but when i started to use I found unacceptable languages in short forms or code words,even thou there are chat filters kids and teens chat in inappropiate ways.
When we see the good side , we see it is a friendly virtual world.Kids and teens from all over the worlds make buddies even the people who are shy in reality.They have brain-teasing games and lot more fun..
(www.fantage.com)
So just say me weather you people suggest kids and teens to play fantage or not?
Narwhalicorn

Pro

I figured this would be a nice debate to have as my first, so I accept. Sorry beforehand if my arguments aren't exactly focused, I'm used to writing naratives as opposed to debates, and i didn't really put any planning into this, just some typing. I would also like to note that I will not answer the question you pose in your conclusion since it's unrelated to the topic at hand (Is Fantage safe for young kids/teens)

I haven't played Fantage in ages but i know it's pretty much another form of Club Penguin. Simple messaging service where the chat rooms are replaced with visuals and avatars with a few games here and there, and a paid subscription service that allows for 'premium' items and customization, etc. Knowing this, you can assume that there will be people who will find ways around the chat filters so they can use the English language to their liking. My defense for this is that since it is a chat service with multiple rooms, you can organize meetings in private areas if you dont want to see anything 'vulgar' being typed.
ayshahiba

Con

ayshahiba forfeited this round.
Narwhalicorn

Pro

Narwhalicorn forfeited this round.
ayshahiba

Con

Even with chat services children, teens use code words like 'whun' which is certainly not-a-kids-words if we type 'love' , the word would be deleted and the person would be banned ,but people instead of that use 'lov' and 'bae' .People on virtual world ask personal information and disguise themselves as buddies. sorry for my bad grammar and spelling mistakes I am not good at English.
Narwhalicorn

Pro

Please define 'whun', since I have yet to find a definition for said term. As far as 'Love' and 'Babe' go, that's never really been considered a 'bad word' nor is lov and bae, it's just simply removing a letter. No matter where you go on the internet, you will find people who try and solicit information about personal lives and related things. Using this logic implies that all internet encounters are inappropriate for a set age, and that's a different argument altogether.
ayshahiba

Con

ayshahiba forfeited this round.
Narwhalicorn

Pro

Narwhalicorn forfeited this round.
ayshahiba

Con

ayshahiba forfeited this round.
Narwhalicorn

Pro

Narwhalicorn forfeited this round.
Posted by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
Welp, this was a tad bit dissapointing.
Posted by Poiyurt 2 years ago
Poiyurt
So... you simply want people to tell you whether they think this site is safe? I do not quite understand, since you posted a reason for it in your opening argument.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
ayshahibaNarwhalicornTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con needs to specify her position more. I'd figured that she was just elucidating the world of fantage than arguing it. Pro was more clearer and had more rebuttals to offer. The semantic argument in the end made pro the winner.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
ayshahibaNarwhalicornTied
Reasons for voting decision: con failed to show how fantage was unsafe, while pro showed fantage was perfectly safe for kids.