Rjupudi18
TheRealSpassky101

Is feminism Biblical?

TheRealSpassky101 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Rjupudi18

Con

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Arguments
Round 3: Counter-arguments
Round 4: Conclusion

No swearing. Have your argument at a reasonable length (not two sentence responses). Please do not forfeit the debate. I wish my opponent good luck.
TheRealSpassky101

Pro

Thank you for this debate. When I saw this debate, I knew I had to accept. I will leave this empty so you can have the first argument.
Rjupudi18

Con

I thank Pro for accepting the debate. I'm hoping to have a friendly, thoughtful discussion.

I believe the Bible does not teach feminism and that men and women are not "equal". Before I bring up my main points, I would like to first define what I mean by "equal".
When I say men and women are not equal, I do not mean that women are inferior beings to men or that they are any less in value. The Bible is clear that men and women are equal in the sight of God who are both created in His image.
Proof Text: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28)
While the Bible teaches men and women are equal in the spiritual sense, they are not equal in the literal sense. I will provide evidence from the Bible to support my claim.

1. Eve Was Created From Adam
The creation account of Genesis describes the first humans ever, Adam and Eve. Let's examine how these two people were created by God. Adam was created from the dust and made alive by the breath of God.
Proof Text: "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being" (Genesis 2:7)
Now let's examine the creation of Eve. Why did God create Eve? Well, God created Eve so that she may be a helper to Adam. In other words, Eve was created FOR Adam.
Proof Text: "The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him" (Genesis 2:18)
We can see God created Eve for the sake of Adam. How did God create Eve? He created her from the rib of Adam.
Proof Text: "Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man" (Genesis 2:22)
When we compare the creation of Adam and Eve, we see that Adam was created independently from the dust while Eve was created from a part of Adam. Eva was dependent on Adam for life and was created to be his helper and companion. Therefore, Adam and Eve cannot be "equal".
Proof Text: "13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner" (1 Timothy 2:13-14)

2. The Husband is the Head of the Wife Just As Christ is the Head of the Church
The Bible is clear that wives are to submit to their husbands just as the Church is submitted to Christ.
Proof Text: "22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything" (Ephesians 5:22-24)
Some may take "submit" to mean slavery. However, this is not true because husbands are commanded to treat their wives with respect,and honor.
Proof Text: "In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered" (1 Peter 3:7)
While a husband and wife are equal partners, the wife should submit to her husband in a godly, respectful way.

3. Women Cannot Have Authority Over Men
The Bible states that women cannot have authority over men and must be quiet.
Proof Text: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet" (1 Timothy 2:12)
This verse can be understood that women cannot be in a position of authority over men and must remain silent. Furthermore, women are not allowed to preach in the Church and must be in submission.
Proof Text: "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says" (1 Corinthians 14:34)

I have presented my case as to why I believe feminism is not Biblical and provided evidence form the Bible. I ask Pro to take the time and give a good, thoughtful response. I ask Pro not to argue about other topics such as the existence of God, the validity of the Bible or the truthfulness of Christianity. This is a debate about whether the Bible supports or opposes feminism.
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 week ago
TheRealSpassky101
"
</div><button type="button">Random Button</button><div> " Hello
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 week ago
TheRealSpassky101
</div><button type="button">Random Button</button><div>
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 week ago
TheRealSpassky101
</p><button type="button">Random Button</button><p>
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 week ago
TheRealSpassky101
&lt/p&gt&ltscript&gtalert("How about now?");&lt/script&gt&ltp&gt
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 week ago
TheRealSpassky101
Awww...
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 week ago
TheRealSpassky101
</p><s<x>cript>alert("Is this working?");</<x>script><p>
Posted by Rjupudi18 1 month ago
Rjupudi18
@Phenenas The point I'm trying to make is the Bible is as sexist as science is sexist. Just as there are biological differences between men and women in the natural world, there are differences between and women in the spiritual world (the Bible).
Posted by Phenenas 1 month ago
Phenenas
@Rjpudi18 To call evolution sexist would assume that there's an omnipotent being controlling the process, which there isn't. I won't accept this debate, but I'd be glad to debate you on whether ot not the Bible is sexist.
Posted by Rjupudi18 1 month ago
Rjupudi18
The Bible is not sexist. Men and women each have a different and important role in the home, church and society given to them by God, You're an Atheist so I assume you believe in evolution and stuff. What if I said evolution is sexist because only women get pregnant. Why can't men be pregnant. Why can't women have testicles? Why is science so sexist. The fact of the matter is God created men and women differently both biologically and socially. To cross the boundaries of nature and God is foolish which is exactly was modern-day Western feminism is.
Posted by Phenenas 1 month ago
Phenenas
@Rjupudi18 Whoever said that was the definition of feminism? All the famous feminists in history supported equal rights, nothing more. Nobody in the world would say that female domination is Biblical; both the Old and New Testaments are extremely sexist.