117536
BMSxRIO

Is foriegn language instruction necessary or not?

BMSxRIO

117536

Pro

As our nation's population expands, people must decide whether to include the people who are from other countries should have separate instructions.
BMSxRIO

Con

First, let me make it very clear. I am only going to debate you if you can use some type of understandable English. I don't mind typos and things of that nature but please, re-read your post before posting them. Else I frankly won't even be able to take you seriously. Alright, let's get this bad boy underway.

Let me open with a very plain statement. Many countries in the world are bilingual in nature, the latino-Hispanic communities for example around the world are typically Spanish and English speaking people (or speak the language of the country closest to them) This includes the population in our own country. There are French speaking Italians who also speak English in my community in Northern Maine.

Your argument is a little vague to wrap my head around, "People must decide whether to include the people who are from other countries, should have separate instructions." -Opponent. Do you mean in the job field and in products? We already do this and for a good reason. These products are shipped all over the world, for instance, a headset for an Xbox One. The headset can be manufactured in China, however because it's being shipped globally it's a positive spin to add instructions that are in a plethora of languages. Appropriately they usually cover the top 3 most spoken languages in the world, that includes Chinese, Spanish, and English. In closing my first statement, products and service devices are usually shipped world wide which is why you see instructions in different languages with the same product.

Now, if you mean in the work place. The answer is also "Yes." Though it is preferable for the hiring business to service people who speak the same majority language of that business. There is no need to discriminate or cause issue with someone who could (for instance) recently have migrated and speaks relatively poor English. English is a very complicated language with lots of rules and exceptions, this makes learning it and understanding it very difficult for the majority of people. Now, to avoid potential issues, a management team might make a system available where to avoid confusion and misunderstanding they can replicate the same various instructions for a work task in another language. People understand their native language easier and much faster even if they fluently speak both languages (Such as English and Spanish) if a person who frequently speaks and hears Spanish outside or work has to read directions or instructions in English compared to Spanish they will always understand Spanish better, because that is their native and most often understood language. That is what the brain is familiar with and that means that in closing, a person of native and frequently Spanish speaking origin will always understand those directions over another even if they fluently speak the other language.
117536

Pro

117536 forfeited this round.
BMSxRIO

Con

BMSxRIO forfeited this round.
117536

Pro

117536 forfeited this round.
BMSxRIO

Con

My opponent has not bothered to reply to any of my previous statements, so I cannot argue his point any farther than I already have.

Next time, please don't use this as a "rant" forum and instead actually reply to the debate you started.
Posted by BMSxRIO 1 year ago
BMSxRIO
This debate was a complete dud. My opponent had no argument nor rebuttal to this point. What a complete waste of my time.
Posted by en1gma 1 year ago
en1gma
It is necessary, especially if your applying for jobs that require you to know a certain language (interpreter). What a stupid question.
Posted by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
what side of the argument are you on
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
117536BMSxRIOTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff