teenage-dirtbag
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Is frozen a feminist text or a fraud?

teenage-dirtbag has forfeited round #2.

teenage-dirtbag

Pro

Within a contemporary environment, Disney seems to have adapted to Feminism by allowing female characters more independence, however by still sticking to the 'true love' trope, has Disney really evolved from the prince reliant past, or is it simply masquerading the same old messages in a new packaging?

This is for a media studies critical investigations and some comments may be sited and used as an example. Please keep your comments clean of swearing and sexual language.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Con

Whatever you are arguing makes no sense at all.

You have to give me examples and evidence or else, I will debunk your argument.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 5 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@KwLm You are so narcissistic, that you have to be in every comment section of every debate I made or accepted the challenge to.
Posted by KwLm 5 months ago
KwLm
It's obvious that Disney is moving with the times especially with Frozen, showing that they don't need to rely on the old age equation, damsel in distress + strong, dashing prince/hero to save damsel = happy ending. In frozen it was the love between siblings rather than the love between two strangers. Same message, "love conquers" but with a strong female lead instead of weak damsel needing to rely on a hero/prince.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Nobody knows what this debater is talking about.

I don't even know either.
Posted by levi_smiles 5 months ago
levi_smiles
I can"t tell which side u are taking. Also- false dichotomy? Can"t a cartoon be neither feminist text nor fraud? Why not just say what u think is true & let us try to knock it down?

That said, feminist critique in modern film is an excellent topic.