fool1602
WyattEarp19

Is gaming harmful to our minds

WyattEarp19
Started: 10/30/2013 Category: Games

fool1602

Con

Do you think gaming is harmful to our youth. Well if so your WRONG gaming gives us something to do on free time and I also believe it encourages young people to have new ideas to do more than the impossible it makes them want to create a game there self and to do anything they put to there young mind and to study how to create one there self this is my claim I am i 13 year old and not all gaming IS HARMFUL.
WyattEarp19

Pro

I accept your challenge to this touchy topic. I will be unbiased and factual as possible.
Please note that I myself am a gamer and will provide personal experiences and statistics to prove my point.
This is my first debate so I will try my best.

I believe that there are cold hard facts. statistics and enough personal experience evidence to prove that video games are harmful in my next post or (Opening Argument) I will provide thaes key elements-
  • Statistics-To show how many kid are affected
  • Personal Experience-As a gamer myself
  • True Storys-Of kids that have been altered because of video games
  • Reseach-Done by scientists
  • Citaion-Where my evidence is from

Good Luck!

fool1602

Con

fool1602 forfeited this round.
WyattEarp19

Pro

Im sorry that you forfeited the round. Hopefully you can give a rebuttal next round.
Aserstion One-Statistics-

graph showing percentages of video game use among American teenagers

Thats alot of kids who play! Anyway to prove my point a majority of teenagers play video games. How can this be harmfull? Well the shooters at Colubine were gamers. There is proof that violent video games can instigate more agression in to people.
http://www.psychology.iastate.edu... (Page 4 of 6)

Assertion Two-Personal Experience & Tue Storys-On the morning of 1990 April 20th the two shooters of Colubine High School shot to death 12 students, a teacher, and themselves. They were "gamers" Also""A British man who bought one of the first copies of "Grand Theft Auto V"was stabbed, hit with a brick and robbed of the brutally violent new
video game on Tuesday, police said."A crime motivated by the game? Was a video game really worth stabing and injuring an innocent man for?
http://gadgets.ndtv.com...
Is there a bit of a correlation of the storys and statistics? Personally I feel slightly more agrresive after playing vidoe games. Of course I never would kill or hurt someone over a game but others have. Certainly games can be fun but if played to frequently and excesivley then it can be harmful.

Assertion Three-Studys-According to Iowa State University aggression can be caused over video games. (See first link) Also the cons seem to outweigh the pros according to this article

http://www.raisesmartkid.com...

Even the New York Times looked in to this-

http://www.nytimes.com...
Theory-
VideoGames that are violent correlate with agressivness and violence in people. Video games can be harmfull to people and others if played to often. Parents should monitor and control what there kids can play and people shuld see the potentiol harm in some games.
fool1602

Con

WyattEarp19

Pro

Im dissapointed you failed to explain and extend your argument.

Please vote for Pro Im the only one to give an argument.
Con did not participate in the debate.
Please take this in to consderation voters.
Posted by WyattEarp19 3 years ago
WyattEarp19
To be honest I don't even think games are violent. I play games ALL the time. I accepted the challenge for some fun instead I wasted time.
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
Even thought i don't agree that game are harmful Wyatt easly won
Posted by WyattEarp19 3 years ago
WyattEarp19
My first two debates provided NO challenge. :(
Posted by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
I know that his username has fool but really...
Posted by WyattEarp19 3 years ago
WyattEarp19
I think think that's true in a way.
Posted by coconick240 3 years ago
coconick240
I'm not part of the argument but I would like to say this.
There are many reasons why it isn't harmful and way it is harmful. Gaming can help a child in the long run with eye-hand coordination, imagination, and gives them a different look at somethings through life but, it can also hurt a child but only if the parents let the child play games they shouldn't if the parents only let the child play the games that are meant for their age requirement there wouldn't be such a problem.
Vote Placed by TetsuRiken 3 years ago
TetsuRiken
fool1602WyattEarp19Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had little to no content or proof