OfficalIrvineIsaac
ashwin.sharma921

Is gaming supposed to be banned?

OfficalIrvineIsaac

Pro

Most parents out there will NOT AND NEVER let their kids to play video games? Why? They want their kids to feel like them at the old damasking me,I played video games A LOT.I am a gamer.But,it doesn't affect my studies.Also,parents said, "Go play outside! Don't just sit there and play video games!".Wow,do they know what will happen if kids go play outside too often? THEY WILL BE AFFECTED TO GANSTERISME.THEY WILL EVENTUALLY TAKE DRUGS.DRUGS EQUALS TO WHAT? DEATH.Its better to let kids play games.More games,no drugs good life.Professional gamers earn MORE THAN 100,000$.Parents,think twice before making a decision.
ashwin.sharma921

Con

First off, let me start by saying that the pro to the topic 'Is gaming supposed to be banned?', should be speaking about the ill-effects of gaming and not otherwise. But as understood from, so to say, the 'shortest debate openings' I have ever seen, it is quite evident that 'pro' is a game-lover.

So what he indicates here in his passage is that kids who go and play outside too often will be affected by "GANSTERISME". I tried surfing the net for finding the meaning and traces of such a disease or syndrome, but my efforts proved vain. Perhaps even the internet doesn't know of any such malady. May be my prestigious contender wants to talk about 'Gangsterism'. But has research in any way proved that going outside and playing will definitely lead to gangsterism? I mean, I have my own example and my friends who are game-freaks, and addicted to playing games like soccer, rugby, cricket and basketball but surprisingly, contrary to the beliefs of my opponent, none of us have turned out to be gangsters. While also, respecting the views of pro, there have been cases where people have turned into gangsters but that is primarily because of their company, their friend circle. If you have a bad company, you will at some point be exposed to gangsterism, but at the same time choosing your own friend circle is something in your own hands. So this point, I think is completely worthless.
Again, how many cases have been reported till date which show that going outside for refreshment leads to drug abuse? If so, my opponent has failed to give a proof of the same.
" Its better to let kids play games.More games,no drugs good life. " - This is what my opponent has to say.
In that case its time, I should make my opponent realize that even Video-gaming has ill-effects which are in fact, more pronounced. Video-gaming can lead to certain tendon injuries in the thumb or in the hand as a whole. Moreover, an overdose might even cause the child to behave aggressively and might lead to mental problems as well. Further, it might lead to impaired vision of the person concerned. It can also lead to migraines and severe headaches. Ultimately, it can also lead to death. Unlike my opponent's plain blank statements without any supportive case study, I would like to present to my audience one such case where video-gaming has proved to be fatal.

"A 28-year-old man collapsed after playing the game "Starcraft" at an internet cafe in the city of Taegu, South Korea in 2007. According to authorities, the man had not slept, had eaten very little, and had taken hardly any bathroom breaks during his 72 hour marathon gaming session. An official told the Reuters news agency, that the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion."
(Reference to this case can be seen on the following link , " http://www.oddee.com... ")
Further excessive video-gaming can cause sleep deprivation along with a poor personal hygiene.
(Reference can be found on the following sites, " http://www.video-game-addiction.org... "
" http://www.symptomfind.com... ")
Lastly, my opponent says that professional gamers earn around $100,000. Not refuting the fact that professional gamers have a good pay, it isn't true that only gamers can earn well. There are other professions that have a healthier pay, so salary is no reason why a person should focus intensively on playing video games.

But, in spite of all these arguments, one cannot say that playing video games is something harmful. It is harmful but only when it exceeds a limit. Therefore, everything done in a limit can prove to be good but an excess of anything can be harmful both to the physiological and the psychological health.

Somewhere, I feel that going outside and chilling a bit proves to be a nice relaxation technique for ones who have been focusing on their work for quite a while. While at the same time, it also helps in proper blood circulation in the body and helps in maintaining a good physical and mental well-being.
OfficalIrvineIsaac

Pro

OfficalIrvineIsaac forfeited this round.
ashwin.sharma921

Con

I think my opponent has forfeited just because he has no argument that he can level against me. perhaps he himself agrees with me on every point. Or may be he doesn't want to contest any more. Anyways, the opponent has forfeited the round and I doubt he will be able to win this debate if he continues to behave in such a manner. This is sad. I request him to post his argument in the third round at least. Let's just hope.
OfficalIrvineIsaac

Pro

ashwin.sharma921

Con

ashwin.sharma921 forfeited this round.
OfficalIrvineIsaac

Pro

ashwin.sharma921

Con

ashwin.sharma921 forfeited this round.
OfficalIrvineIsaac

Pro

ashwin.sharma921

Con

ashwin.sharma921 forfeited this round.
Posted by ashwin.sharma921 1 year ago
ashwin.sharma921
Hahaha you are right. I should've taken that in consideration.
Posted by Budderwillalwayswin 1 year ago
Budderwillalwayswin
gangsterisme sounds a lot like gangster is me