leslyandrearios
lol101

Is gay and lesbian marriage wrong?

leslyandrearios

Con

I believe that gay and lesbian marriage is not wrong whatsoever.
lol101

Pro

The Burden of Proof lies entirely on Con to argue for gay and lesbian marriage being "not wrong". But this remains undefined.

Wrong-"not satisfactory (as in condition, results, health, or temper)"

I await your argument supporting that gay marriage is not unhealthy.

1]http://i.word.com...
leslyandrearios

Con

Many people believe gay and lesbian marriage is not acceptable, sorry for the confusion. I believe that's it should be accepted and that it is not a bad thing. The main reason why many people believe gay and lesbian marriage is wrong is due to religion. We live in the U.S., where we are free to believe whatever we want. There are some people who do not Believe in a bible or God and others who do. We do not see eye to eye which is why I think it is not a bad thing. Some may accept it others shall no but I do not think people who are gay and lesbian should be treated differently for who they are. Also, I question why many people bring up religion during this topic and the bible. A church can easily refuse to marry a gay or lesbian couple of not accepted. Also, when we hear about violence, murder, rape, and affairs, we do not quickly refer to the bible like we do in this case. In this generation, many teens lose their virginity at a young age, according to the bible that is a sin. Cussing is a sin. Having an affair is a sin. Basically we are not saints we all sin, but we can be forgiven.
lol101

Pro

I have already provided a definition for you. It is far too late for you to provide a definition at this point. You have the BoP to argue that gay and lesbian marriage is not unhealthy.
leslyandrearios

Con

I created this debate using the word wrong as ": behavior that is not morally good or correct." You did not have to accept this debate if you were not going to argue on the topic.
lol101

Pro

It is FAR too late for you to provide a definition. By DDO standards, you HAVE to go by my definition. You didn't provide any sort of definition that clarified your debate, and you changed the resolution as well. It is unfair for you to reset the debate, as I came into the debate thinking that you meant something else when using the word "wrong". I was going to argue the topic until you literally changed its meaning. For you to force me to debate a certain topic I never intended to debate and never believed I had to debate in the first place is unfair for me. And since it's too late for you to provide a definition and you have not chosen to *immediately* challenge my definition, your argument is flawed.

Vote Pro
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Yes you do. DDO standards.
Posted by leslyandrearios 1 year ago
leslyandrearios
I do not have to go by your definition.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
You have to go by my definition.
Posted by leslyandrearios 1 year ago
leslyandrearios
So homosexuality is "wrong" but there are many things the bible states that are wrong but we do them anyways. Teen pregnancy is wrong, no one brings the bible into that situation they just congratulate the happy unmarried couple. Abuse to others is wrong, but no one again brings a religious view to that. Same thing in murder. affairs, abortion, sex before marriage, rape , using foul language, etc. Basically, we all sin but we can be forgiven. Also, I have not seen gay and lesbian marriage destroy society, but make it stronger since more people are starting to accept it and just let them be who they want to be. Religion should not be mixed with politics and a church can easily refuse not to marry the homosexual couple if they do not believe in it. We are free to pursue happiness, this is the happiness of some people.
Posted by leslyandrearios 1 year ago
leslyandrearios
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
Contrary to what a lot of people believe God did not write the bible, people wrote the bible. Some will still believe that God told people to write the bible, but you can't really prove they wrote everything exactly as God wanted it to be written, personal belief of the writers inevitably has leaked into the bible. Therefore there is no way for us to really know if God ever claimed homosexuality is wrong. If we do look at what is more directly impacted by God in the bible is Jesus' word. So instead of us trying to obey what God may or may not have said thousands and thousands of years ago we can look at what Jesus said. Love your neighbors as you love yourself. Jesus never said homosexuality is wrong, and many believe Jesus to have been God in human form.
Posted by Varrack 1 year ago
Varrack
But it's wrong because God said so. c'mon bro, we can't let it destroy society