NekoTory
LostintheEcho1498

Is gay marriage really bad?

NekoTory

Con

People say gay marriage is ok but why doesn't every state allow it! People say it's a sin but isn't love just love. Like I'm gay my self and I love my gf and some people say it's sinning.
LostintheEcho1498

Pro

I accept this debate and hope for a good one as well. Let me get right to the point:

1. People in certain states do not legalize gay marriage do so with their own right. This is America. The ability that you have to vote pro gay marriage is held by those against it. The glory of democracy is that the majority is the one who wins. That said, if the majority of people in a state are against gay marriage, why would they legalize it? You say that, "People say gay marriage is okay but why doesn't every state allow it!" and to answer it is that while people you may talk to may be okay with it, not everyone is. If the majority says no, then who are we to deny the American system? Well, this is about gay marriage so we should make an exception, right? So then we should listen tot he minority in our voting. No, no, no, I don't think so. Bad idea. If that were the case we would still have slaves and would have left the Japanese in internment camps.

2. You say that, "People say it's a sin but isn't love just love. Like I'm gay my self and I love my gf and some people say it's sinning". Let me answer this, as it sounds more like a question for validation. I will be blunt. It is morally wrong to be in a homosexual relationship. Period. Now to explain. I am Christian. Always have been, always will be. To me, asking me say that gay marriage is okay is like saying that we should allow theft or murder. Asking me to say that what you are doing is right is against everything I believe in as well as many others. It is one of the number one reasons gay marriage isn't legalized in many states. That said, let me look at another perspective. People like to point out that Christians say, "Being Gay is a sin and wrong". This is incorrect in every way. I have a step-sister who is or was(I am not entirely sure anymore)heterosexual. She was interested in girls. Does this mean she is committing a sin, simply by her being interested? No, that is not the case. Having feelings is a part of life and some happen to present themselves more strongly than others. The sin is when we act on it. That is exactly what gay marriage is. It is quite literally THE act. The reason we don't argue whether or not being gay should be legal is because it is totally and completely understandable. We all take a problem, though, when we are asked to say that it should be okay to go a step further. That is where the issue comes in. You want to be interested in the same sex, cool. That is your prerogative. Once you want to get a relationship, a legally binding one no less, is not permissible. You say that, " I'm gay my self and I love my gf and some people say it's sinning." and you are not sinning by loving her. You can have feelings all you want. The sin is that she is your girlfriend and I am assuming does all the same things you would do if she were your boyfriend. Having feelings for someone is totally okay. The problem you have is that you have acted on it. To be honest, yes, you are sinning by being with your girlfriend. I am sorry but that is how it is. You want to debate that issue, then you can have a 1 on 1 discussion with God himself. I do not know how well that will go over, however. One of God's first commandments was to multiply and replenish the Earth. You cannot do this if you are gay. The argument that you could "borrow" the female or male reproductive system also implies sin from adultery. Whatever you do, acting on gayness denies or breaks one of God's laws and so it simply is a sinful act.
Over to you, Con
NekoTory

Con

NekoTory forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Pro

LostintheEcho1498 forfeited this round.
NekoTory

Con

NekoTory forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Pro

LostintheEcho1498 forfeited this round.
NekoTory

Con

NekoTory forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Pro

LostintheEcho1498 forfeited this round.
NekoTory

Con

NekoTory forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Pro

Thank You for this rather short debate. The two hour time frame may not be the best in the future.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
Acknowledged.
Posted by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
Can I just say to the contender, the resolution was "Is gay marriage really bad?". It wasn't related at all to the right to ban gay marriage of the states.