Is genetic engineering a good idea?

DiamondCoder has forfeited round #2.

In my opinion I think we should use genetic engineering because it can help people. It can make higher yield which means more crops. It can also make plants pest resistant and kill pests, which makes no need for harmful pesticides. It can make higher nutritional value, which means less food needs to be consumed for nutrients.

Pro quoted:
Genetic engineering
"can make plants pest resistant and kill pests"

How about those who have allergies to the chemicals used? Can we not consider them as well? What if all food will become GMO? Can we not consider those who are allergic? Can you verify the credibility of such promise? Are you aware of the fact that there are people that have more food than other people?

source(s): <10 reasons to oppose genetic engineering>
Posted by Dab8er 2 months ago
The only negative thing I'm aware of is that it can limit those who have allergies.