Is geometrydash addictive

Geometrydash is not an addictive game because people usually quit the game before the get "in to" it.

I will be taking the side of Pro for this debate, firmly stating that Geometry Dash is addictive.

Addiction: "the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma." []

Burden of Proof:
In order to prove that geometry dash is not addictive, Con must prove the following three prongs:
1) That nobody who plays the game will become, by definition, addiction,
2) that the nature of the game itself does not entice people to play further and enslave them to playing,
and 3), that people who are commonly perceived as addicted have the ability to quit at any time.
The previous 3 prongs are like prongs of a stool. If the stool (Con's case) is missing any 3 prongs (unproved), then the stool can't stand (Pro wins).
As Pro, the contender, my job is to disprove and successfully refute the main arguments of Pro, or knock down the foundation they have laid upon the debate.

As no structure/rules have been lain out, I will begin with refutations.

Refutation 1:
Con states that Geometry Dash is not addictive because "people usually quit the game before they get 'in to' it". I strongly disagree due to the lack of evidence of this argument and out of personal experience (shown below).

Argument 1: Geometry Dash's Nature
Geometry dash is an addictive game due to its nature and the creator's goals of the game. More likely than not, when free apps such as Geometry Dash, the goal is to addict players so they will utilize in-app purchases in order to enhance gameplay, which the creators directly profit from. Games like these include Clash of Clans, Geometry Dash, Candy Crush, and so many, many, more. The impact of this argument, being that these games are actually created to addict, that it is the game maker's intent, phenomenally proves that Geometry Dash is indeed addictive. []

Argument 2: Personal Experience
My friends introduced me to Geometry Dash one day. As a person who does not get easily addicted to games, I was addicted to it in an instant. I couldn't stop playing it, though I vowed to never spend a dime on it. Breaking this vow, I began to spend money on the game, similar to my experience with clash of clans. To be considered addicted, you must not be able to quit playing even if you want to. For me and so many other people, playing this game becomes a habit that is extremely difficult to overcome. In fact, they even have rehab classes for game addiction. []

Due to the lack of arguments from Con, I will post no more. I wish luck to my opponent and look forward to a great debate on Geometry Dash!

This was really a test to see if this was a legitimate website and it witch great and I love that you over filled the argument

Pokemonzr forfeited this round.

QwertyMesa forfeited this round.

Pokemonzr forfeited this round.
Posted by LauraThePanda 8 months ago
GEOMETRY DASH IS ADICTING... When ever I try to talk to my BF he is always on stupid Geometry Dash, I mean he has to spend at least 5 hours a day on it. I get sad because its like I can't even communicate with him anymore! :'(
Posted by QwertyMesa 1 year ago
I really only posted this as a test to see if this was a real thing, and I got eaten alive .....
Posted by Reeseroni 1 year ago
Hey, I think PRO overwhelmed Con with his over-thought rebuttal haha.

Remember, he's a Purple Circle
Posted by m-nevermore 1 year ago
That is so true... I have a friend that loves Geometry Dash, and I failed at every attempt. You would expect that someone who loves that game would excel at it, but unfortunately, my friend is not the best gamer. I didn't find it fun, let alone addicting.