Demolition
manutdredseal46

Is george bush the worst president in the history of USA?

Con Tied Pro

Demolition

Con

George Walker Bush is fundamentally dishonest, perhaps evil, but mostly a liar, he has lied large and small, directly and by omission -- The only weapon of mass destruction is Bush's mouth. His actions and decisions affect the entire world. They have not been the best of decisions to date.

Every time he's at a meeting, the word "war" is always said. "War, war, war!!" Why? How about the word peace? Whenever there's a threat to national security, he says "OK, we're getting attacked. We must have war." Instead why doesn't he say to the bad guys "Look, I know we're enemies, but I would like you to sign this peace contract so we can live peacefully." But no… he would never do that.

He is saying that we must have peace, not war. Basically, he is doing the opposite now. Once a president has said what is going to happen, it will happen. Instead, he completely forgets about it, calls the UN, gets loads of soldiers, and tells them to kill the enemies.
manutdredseal46

Pro

>I would like to thank my respected opponent, Demolition, for starting this already interesting debate.

>My case is based on the resolution (below) that I derived from my opponent's question. I hope that it will prove acceptable to him.

>James Buchanan once said that "What is right and what is practicable are two different things." It is because I believe that he himself never practiced what was right that I affirm the resolution

:: Affirmed ::

>George Walker Bush is not the worst president in the United States' history

>For clarification of the round I would like to offer the following definitions:

>Worst: bad or ill in the highest, greatest, or most extreme degree

>Weapon of Mass Destruction: a weapon that can kill large numbers of humans and/or cause great damage to man-made structures (e.g. buildings), natural structures (e.g. mountains), or the biosphere in general. The term covers several weapon types, including nuclear, biological, chemical, and radiological weapons.

>Secession: the withdrawal from the Union of 11 Southern states in the period 1860–61, which brought on the Civil War

:: Value ::

>My Value is the worst president in United States history. Due to the wording of the resolution (though still in question) the worst president in United States history is the inherent value for this round and any argument that proves their points but does not also uphold the worst president in United States history does not truly affirm or negate this resolution. Being the topic this debate is entitled with, the worst president in United States history is fundamentally important to negation and affirmation of the resolution.

:: Value Criterion ::

>My value criterion is James Buchanan. The resolution above states that the object of this debate is the worst president in United States history, ergo my value. I chose James Buchanan as my value criterion because he is widely known for his impotency in office and is my choice as the worst president. Throughout this debate I intend to prove that the actions of James Buchanan are far more negative and detrimental than those of one of his predecessors, George Walker Bush.

:: Contention 1 ::

>My first contention is that James Buchanan was the worst president in United States history. This is the premise of my case. In office James Buchanan was unable to accomplish any part of the tasks he had opportunities to complete. His incompetence was shown at the greatest degree when he claimed secession was illegal. He then claimed that going to war to stop succession was also illegal, contradicting his first claim. The American Civil War was thus created due to Buchanan's inaction. This is viewed as the greatest incompetence by any president. Buchanan also made many other errors as president (I will talk about these later, if needed).

:: Contention 2 ::

>My second contention is that George Bush was a better president than James Buchanan. The following are indisputable facts:

1. George Bush was successful enough to be elected in two terms; Buchanan was only elected once.

2. James Buchanan caused the American Civil War

3. George Bush caused the current War on Terror

To continue my contention, I believe that the American Civil War was far worse than the current War on Terror. According to recent Icasualties.org figures, in total, an estimated 221,682 people have been killed on both sides of the War on Terror, including civilians. Over 620,000 total people died in the American Civil War, not including civilians. In addition to having almost three times the casualties, the American Civil War led to a reconstruction period and segregation.

:: My Opponent's Case ::

>I must remind my opponent that George Bush's mouth does not fit the definition of Weapon of Mass Destruction (above). To my opponent: Would you rather have a liar as a president (as many of them are) or a president who ends up causing the deaths of 620,000+ soldiers out of the under 32,000,000 in the country (http://www.civilwarhome.com...)? I would like to inform my opponent that though George Bush frequently uses the word "war", it is usually in the context of "…and the war will eventually lead us to peace." I now await my esteemed opponent's response. Thank you all.
Demolition

Con

Demolition forfeited this round.
manutdredseal46

Pro

>I regret that my opponent has forfeited R2. All of my R1 arguments are extended.
Demolition

Con

Demolition forfeited this round.
manutdredseal46

Pro

>I regret that my opponent has forfeited R2 and R3. All of my R1 arguments are extended.
Demolition

Con

Demolition forfeited this round.
manutdredseal46

Pro

>I regret that my opponent has forfeited R2 through R4. All of my R1 arguments are extended.

Please vote PRO because given my opponent's lack of responses, I have clearly won this debate.
Posted by manutdredseal46 8 years ago
manutdredseal46
Right, because getting us out of the Depression was the wost thing ever done.
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
I though harriet Beecher Stowe caused the Civil War. That president did diddly squat. FDR was obviouslty the worst president, not George Bush.
Posted by manutdredseal46 8 years ago
manutdredseal46
Yup, I'm special like that. I think I did a decent job making my case though.
Posted by LightC 8 years ago
LightC
lol, a value structure in a debate farthest from a LD debate.
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
Demolitionmanutdredseal46Tied
Vote Placed by theitalianstallion 8 years ago
theitalianstallion
Demolitionmanutdredseal46Tied
Vote Placed by DrumBum1234 8 years ago
DrumBum1234
Demolitionmanutdredseal46Tied