aayush.d
mapleleaf173

Is global warming going to be the reason of destruction of humanbeings

aayush.d

Con

I personally feel that the era of mankind is in grave danger not from dangerous guns or ferocious animals but from a monster the humans themselves the phenomena of global warming if there is anyone who thinks there is any aleternative to what i said to please accept the debate
mapleleaf173

Pro

Hello! I think this is an interesting topic. While I am not a climate denier, and I recognize that global warming is perhaps the most serious challenge faced by our species, I firmly do not believe that it will cause the extinction of the human race.

Destruction: the extinction of the human race

I'll outline my points briefly:

1) we maybe shortminded as a species, but we are also pretty resourceful- which means that populations with the materials and wealth to so will likely b able to engineer around things like sea level rise, etc.

2) climate change is slow and predicatble, compounding point 1 (populations will have time to build infrastructure, etc.)

3) there are numerous eve ts that humans have 0 control over or ability to stop in time that could wipe the human race out to the last ma /women. For example: diseases (zoonotic infectionsor antibiotic resistant bacteria, etc.), geologic events (supervolcanic eruptions like the one under Yellowstone national park), astronomical events (asteroid collision, sun growing to envolope earth as it reaches red giant stage)

4) there are a TON of us- we carpet the globe, in every ecosystem, zone, habitat, etc. Wiping us put is gonna be pretty dam tough
aayush.d

Con

aayush.d forfeited this round.
mapleleaf173

Pro

So I guess I win?
aayush.d

Con

aayush.d forfeited this round.
mapleleaf173

Pro

mapleleaf173 forfeited this round.
aayush.d

Con

aayush.d forfeited this round.
mapleleaf173

Pro

mapleleaf173 forfeited this round.
aayush.d

Con

aayush.d forfeited this round.
mapleleaf173

Pro

mapleleaf173 forfeited this round.
Posted by nongambler48 2 years ago
nongambler48
I forgot to add that as bad as global warming is
it won't destroy the human family.
because the creator of earth and its inhabitants
will intervene in order to prevent more damage being done to our wonderful home which has sadly been abused, misused, and much taken for granted by humans.
Posted by nongambler48 2 years ago
nongambler48
I think that global warming is inevitable when people focus their hearts and minds on profit while ignoring or not considering the effect their activities have upon the planet.
if you take the time to read about the planet
you will be surprised to find how will it is designed.
and it will likely empower you to enlighten people about that
in order to inspire them to reconsider their activities.
Posted by Lavaguava 2 years ago
Lavaguava
Agreed, you have chosen to be against and yet you have made points arguing for.
Posted by Greg4586 2 years ago
Greg4586
I'm confused, will you be arguing that global warming WILL be the destruction of mankind, if so it would have made more sense to chose pro instead of con
Posted by Greg4586 2 years ago
Greg4586