Debatesaregud4u
Lexus

Is global warming real?

Lexus

Debatesaregud4u

Con

Global warming is not real. Yes I have absolutely no info.
Lexus

Pro

Alright I accept.
Con set the character limit to 750 so I will be concise in following rounds.
Global warming: a gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth's atmosphere generally attributed to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, and other pollutants.
real: actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed
Debatesaregud4u

Con

OK here we go, global warming does not exist and here are my facts. As you think the ice in the polar regions is melting away, it's not , it's actually increasing. Now, why is it increasing instead of melting since "Global Warming" exists? This is because it simply is false. You cannot prove something without proper facts saying it's real isn't a fact. The last actual global warming was in 1997 not 2012. The Arctic ice has raised 50% not lowered 50%. Also the government has been proven to be tampering with global climate data that's telling people that the Arctic region is melting.
Lexus

Pro

Carbon dioxide is from a group of gases known as greenhouse gases. When there are more of these gases in the atmosphere, they trap and retain more heat within the atmosphere and heat up the planet as a whole [1].
The Mauna Loa observatory has found that there has been a recent spike in the amount of CO2 in the air, as seen in this graph [2]. The amount of CO2 in the air has risen by about 70 parts per million over the last 60 years, which is at an alarming rate for future generations that will inhabit this planet. As before stated, the more CO2, the more heating of the atmosphere, and thus global warming.
I don't have enough characters for any more arguments.

[1]. http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]. http://is.gd...
Debatesaregud4u

Con

Debatesaregud4u forfeited this round.
Lexus

Pro

I ask the voter to note that my opponent has forfeited the previous round, effectively dropping *all* of my arguments. I must be concise in refutations.

My opponent says that the arctic is not melting, thus disproving global warming. This does nothing of the sort, in actuality. In wintertime, the more precipitation (and thus more ice deposited) is made by the warming of the oceans and this water going into the atmosphere. This means that if the icecaps are increasing in size, as my opponent suggest, it would actually be due to more precipitation and thus more warming of the earth.

My opponent claims, without a single source, that the government is tampering with global climate data. I ask you if this is reasonable. No characters left.
Posted by jonny13 1 year ago
jonny13
global warming is a farce (hope i'm using that word right) our co2 levels have fluctuated but duh the graphs you see that make it look real a doctored so that one goes by 2's maybe and the 100's seriously I've seen one like this before.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Debatesaregud4uLexusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeits by Con, so conduct to Pro. Arguments also go to Pro, as Con made the claim that arctic ice has risen by 50%, but provided no sources to back it up. Pro gave a basic layout of how global warming works, and gave sources that show that the amount f greenhouse gases have risen. These arguments were dropped by con, as they had forfeited. Sources were only used by Pro.