Astal3
IrishWolverine

Is globalization key to humanities long term survival as a species?

Astal3

Astal3

Pro

The Internet is arguably the most impactful invention of all time. It allows instant communication across the globe and allows people to experience and partake in events that otherwise would have never been possible. Ignorance on world events becomes more of a choice in developed countries due to the access of information. Humanity is a highly self destructive species and when it comes to the grand scheme of things we are so busy fighting amongst ourselves that we are practically helpless when it comes to outside extinction level events. Humans as a social species are far stronger when unified then when not. So I argue that globalization is the only hope that humanity has at long term survival in a dangerous universe. Good luck to my opponent and I look forward to hearing your argument.
IrishWolverine

Con

Hello. I find your topic interesting and so I accept your challenge. I take it that you are arguing for globalization in terms of government, i,e, the so called "One World Government" idea? I will argue the con side, and say that humans should NOT all be united under one ruling body. This is both impractical and dangerous, and will not contribute to the long term survival of our species. If anything, trying to consolidate all religions, cultures, nationalities and idealologies under one common creed will result in more strife and destruction. I look forward to this debate!
Astal3

Pro

I thank my opponent for excepting my challenge this should be fun. Before I begin I would like to state a fact. How we wish things worked in life more often then not doesn't. And as an American I have been raised with innuendos of nationalism my whole life as has all the older generations. The reason we fight among ourselves is because no one sees things the exact same way, and we create nations of like minded people to protect and take out all who oppose our ideals. Diversity is great only when all the different ideals and knowledge can be combined for the benefit of humanity. Otherwise it just gets lost because of constant fighting among ourselves. A great example of this is the fall of the Roman empire and the dark ages. If Rome never fell who knows where we would be. Much of western society is based off of Roman knowledge and discoveries. Also since the world is divided by nations more so now than ever war is an ever present possibility. And we live in a world where everything affects everyone. The idea of well that happened far away and it doesn't effect me is no longer true. And we are so adamant about being sovereign that we will destroy anyone who tries to take it away. This is where nuclear weapons come in. All it takes is one to go off during tensions and that's it. Our lives as we know it are done. Most will die and the ones who manage to survive will be left in a terrible and unfair state of existence. We live in a world where crap rolls downhill but we are not united and prepared for when that big boulder inevitably comes. It won't be easy and there are ways of maintaining sovereign spirit while still being united as I'll explain in the next round. But in reality if we as a species are to survive before we take ourselves out or something else does then we need to ban together. Drop the petty differences and accept that we are all human and we are all we have against the universe.
IrishWolverine

Con

IrishWolverine forfeited this round.
Astal3

Pro

Unfortunately my opponent forfeited the second round but I will continue on with what I planned to say anyways. There are ways of globalizing while still keeping an air of independent pride. The United states for example. There are 50 very separate and unique states. Each has their own school systems,their own armies (National Guard) their own governments and even their own flag. Even though each state is different from the next they all unite under one flag which allows the United States of America as you know it today to exist. It wasn't easy. There are a lot of disagreements on things. We even had our own civil war over our differences; But in the end the fact that we are stronger together than we are apart is a big reason the United States has remained intact. The US is not the only ones to unify either. Other examples are NATO,the UN,,the EU,and The United Arab Emirates. As I said before it will not be easy, and there will be conflict; But when it comes to the grand scheme of things globalization (Banning Together), is the only hope that humanity has at long term survival. For this reason I urge everyone to put aside their differences and realize that everyone is human and we are all in the same boat, and vote for this motion.
IrishWolverine

Con

IrishWolverine forfeited this round.
Posted by Astal3 2 years ago
Astal3
It's alright. Id be willing to debate again if you ever want to set that up. It might be awhile before I myself start another debate like this.
Posted by IrishWolverine 2 years ago
IrishWolverine
I apologize to my opponent, I had some distractions come up and didn't realize I only had 24 hours to respond. All votes should go to Astal3.
Posted by Astal3 2 years ago
Astal3
I honestly don't think its possible or necessarily right to try and implement a world culture. Culture happens over time and can't be forced without bad consequences. So yes I am talking about a world government.
Posted by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
If you are talking about cultural globalization, you should say how do you plan on making a global culture.
If you are talking about world-government, I will debate you.
Vote Placed by Ameliamk1 2 years ago
Ameliamk1
Astal3IrishWolverineTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeits.