mdepyper19
Yarowold

Is god real?

mdepyper19

Pro

The Cross? Baptism? The Bible? Jesus? What do these things mean to you? Close your eyes for a second and think about these three words, God, Jesus, Holy Spirt. What are you seeing? The Cross? Water? A book? Wind? The Earth? A big Bang? All these things have to do with one person God our Lord. The 2 main questions Scientist ask are who or what created us? Is God Real? Do you wonder about that? I have. In this essay I will you facts on one thing. God"s Not Dead. He is real. Some of you may believe he isn"t.
Our Lord. Some of you maybe wondering, Is God Real. Well I have proof. God is real just ask Akiane. Akiane is an 8 year old girl who had a near death experience. A quote from her is "I was with God, and He told me to pray continually. He showed me where He lived. I was climbing transparent stairs; underneath I saw gushing waterfalls, and as I was approaching Him, His body was pure and intense light. What impressed me the most was His hands -- they were gigantic! I saw no bones, or veins, no skin or blood, but maps and events. Then He told me to memorize thousands upon thousands of wisdom words on a scroll that did not look like paper, but more like intense light. And in a few seconds I got somehow filled up. From now on I will get up early to paint. I hope one day I'd be able to paint what I was shown." At 8 years old this is what Akiane said with her heart. Not scripted but from her heart after meeting our God. A quote from that part of what she said is this "I hope one day I'd be able to paint what I was shown." What was she shown? She was shown God. Akiane is now 18 years old and still painting God.
Well then here is another life and death story about a little boy named Coltan. Coltan was a 4 year old boy when he had this experience. A small quote from him is "When my dad asked how long I was up in Heaven, for some weird reason I said 3 minutes, when I got to see the past when my dad played with Pop, the present where I got to see my dad preach, and my dad in his separate room giving his little prayer to God, and then the future, which is when the Armageddon is to happen" Coltan is now 14 years old and paints picture of Jesus. Ever read or seen the movie Heaven is for real? Well, guess what, That book and movie were made just for Coltan"s story. Wonder why we should believe Coltan? Three to four years before coltan was born him mother, Sonia Burpo, had a miss-carriage of a baby girl that they never ever talked about around little Coltan, but Coltan met her in heaven. He said in quote "Mommy, do you remember a baby that died in your tummy? I got to meet her, She was very nice." his mom was very shocked. Another story from him was that he met his daddies Pap. His dad was very surprised him grandfather died before Coltan was born. His dad went and pulled a picture of him cousin to see if he was lying. Coltan"s words were "That ain"t Pap." so his dad pulled another picture but this it of his Pap. Coltan"s words were "Dad there is no old people in heaven. Everyone is young." so his father pulled out a young picture of his Pap and sure enough Coltan said "That"s Pap, That"s Pap alright." Coltan is still a believer and has had only one more of the near death experience.
Yarowold

Con

To answer your questions:

The Cross? Baptism? The Bible? Jesus? What do these things mean to you?

Generally, they are irrelevant to me. Symbols, rituals, inconsistent ancient texts and one of several historical figures earning the title Son of God, can all be replaced without any difference for me. Anyone can make up these things, most can even make up better things.

The 2 main questions Scientist ask are who or what created us? Is God Real? Do you wonder about that?

Yes, I have indeed thought about these questions. However, a scientist ought not to formulate them in the above given way. To ask Who created us is a radically drawn presumption and although What created us might be a valid scientific question, it still implies that an entity of some sort created us (this might be the case, but for now, nobody knows). What scientists tend to ask is How creation came to be, since there is no real proof a purpose driven design in the universe. It might appear so ostensibly, but then again, it's never very smart to draw conclusions without further investigation into a claim. And such investigations has been made; turns out, physical theories and hypotheses is the closest candidate for how it truly happened.

If a scientist would ask 'Is God real?' then since s/he is a scientist, s/he would treat it as a scientific inquiry to be answered accordingly. This has been done repeatedly, and the so called God hypothesis has always failed, if the investigation was done by intellectually honest and unbiased scientists, that is.

Now, to some rebuttals:

First off, never trust anecdotal testimonials. If it cannot be verified by additional evidence or a fair amount of other witnesses, then one shouldn't believe the claim. Besides, with that said, the examples you presented of kids who had near-death experiences is a really flawed source of information. The veracity of such accounts can be explained away in regards to medical science and technology and neuroscience. Furthermore, these are young kids, impressionable yet not necessarily innocent. It is especially in cases like these where one have to question everyone and everything in order to get to the truth.

In the case of Colton, he could've found out about the mother's miscarriage by so many different ways. Kids tend to snoop around the house and eavesdrop, and yes, even lie or make stuff up. Unless there is some evidence that Colton's experience was real, it doesn't exclude the possibility that he either lied, played along (as when he allegedly recognized 'Pop') or convinced himself that his near-death hallucination were real. This case is not so different from many other supernatural claims in that if one just applies some logic and critical thinking on such a claim, there suddenly are more reasons for one to disbelieve it rather than the converse.

This was a rough overview from my part, but if you have any questions, I would be happy to provide some answers.
mdepyper19

Pro

Yarowold

Con

Yarowold forfeited this round.
mdepyper19

Pro

Yarowold

Con

Yarowold forfeited this round.
mdepyper19

Pro

mdepyper19 forfeited this round.
Yarowold

Con

Yarowold forfeited this round.
mdepyper19

Pro

mdepyper19 forfeited this round.
Yarowold

Con

Yarowold forfeited this round.