hindsite
thispersonisagenius

Is god`s existence worth debating with the faithful?

hindsite

Pro

If one has faith, by definition he does not have to respond with reason. How shall reason respond?

Is it worth fighting the the ultimate question with people who have an automatic answer? If yea then how?

(Pardon for the open-ended topic).

DEBATE QUESTION: what manifestations of gods can you propose?

Of what manifestations of ``mind`` based on our understanding of the physical universe can you conceptualize?
thispersonisagenius

Con

I believe that God does not exist. While you claim that a faithful individual by definition need not use reason, I find this logic highly, well, illogical. Blind faith does not create factual substance, it creates figments of imagination that are neither verified nor widely accepted. God was a figment of imagination that later became widely accepted, while principles of nature such as Newton's laws of motion and other scientific laws have existed since the Earth came into being and needed only to be discovered by man.

In summary, I will argue that God does not exist using the fact that the concept of the deity was created by humans and is therefore a figment of imagination, while scientific principles have existed since the formation of the Earth, waiting for man to discover them.
hindsite

Pro

thispersonisagenius, I apologize for not defining my challenge well. I`m going to submit a new debate and see if I can request that you oppose me.
thispersonisagenius

Con

Please ignore the rest of this debate, and please do not vote as the debate topic was decided to be unclear. Thank you!
hindsite

Pro

hindsite forfeited this round.
thispersonisagenius

Con

thispersonisagenius forfeited this round.
hindsite

Pro

hindsite forfeited this round.
thispersonisagenius

Con

Posted by hindsite 4 years ago
hindsite
I don"t know how this page works but I will try to redefine my debate question and see if the original debatee still wants in.
Posted by Bullish 4 years ago
Bullish
I am not quite sure what you are debating. Please clarify the resolution.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Good luck on your first debate. Quite the topic choice! ... You may want to clarify what the resolution into something like "God's existence is not worth debating with the faithful." Thus as pro you'd be expanding out the arguments you've already made, while con would be trying to prove it worthwhile in some way.