e.gbrown
AlexanderOc

Is golf a sport

e.gbrown
Started: 5/13/2015 Category: Sports

e.gbrown

Pro

I play golf and I practice every day, to my surprise I found that some people disagree with this being a sport. People who view this topic differently may suggest that golf doesn't have rigorous activity although I beg to differ. Golf isn't just the game itself it is the preparation and dedication along with it. As part of my training to be the best I include arm workouts, core workouts, and even lifting weights with my wrists. Many people who believe golf is not a sport have not done all of this preparation. Nor have they played 18 holes in the scorching sun while carrying an on average 20 pound bag. Then have to step up to the tee and give this shot your all. The truth is golf is a sport and that's final, so don't say how easy golf is without experiencing what I do, thank you.
AlexanderOc

Con

Sport: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

"For entertainment."

Golf is the most boring activity known to man.

And that's final.

Case closed.
e.gbrown

Pro

opinion- a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. Saying golf is boring is an opinion and is not representative of the whole population. I happen to find golf very interesting and found myself loving every moment of the masters. Therefore saying golf is boring is not factual, golf is a form of entertainment for me and many others, so golf should be represented as a sport.
AlexanderOc

Con

"truth is golf is a sport and that's final, so don't say how easy golf is without experiencing what I do"

"suggest that golf doesn't have rigorous activity although I beg to differ."

These statements sound pretty opinionated to me. Seems like a bit of hypocrisy claiming that I'm using opinions as arguments when Pro is doing the exact same thing.

I just assumed if he could do so then my opinions would be just as valid.
e.gbrown

Pro

Saying that golf does involve rigorous activity, is not really an opinion. It is a fact. You stated "Golf is the most boring activity known to man" This is a textbook example for an opinion. Me saying that golf is a sport is not an opinion. The definition of a sport is "an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of acompetitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling,
wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc." So me saying that golf is a sport isn't actualy a opinion it's a fact.
AlexanderOc

Con

Well apparently, anything Pro states is considered fact, regardless of the lack of evidence to support his claims.

I too wish to possess such entitlement, but unfortunately I am not capable of making such declarations.

I'll leave this up to the voters to decide if they choose to adopt Pro's view of factuality as their own.
Posted by e.gbrown 1 year ago
e.gbrown
I am actually a female thank you very much.
Posted by AlexanderOc 1 year ago
AlexanderOc
Ignore that v v v
Posted by AlexanderOc 1 year ago
AlexanderOc
( V5;" V0;B2; V5;")>Y76;`32;-`32; ... (Y76; V5;`32; V0;B2; V5;`32;) Deal with it.
Vote Placed by daem0n 1 year ago
daem0n
e.gbrownAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's only argument is that sports are "for entertainment" and that golf does not entertain him personally. Pro persuades me that something can be considered a form of entertainment even if not everyone finds it entertaining. There is a difference between saying something is a form of entertaining and saying it succeeds at its goal of entertaining.