Bowes55
Generic-Name

Is golf really a sport? Does it really deserve a place in the olympics?

Started: 4/6/2014 Category: Sports

Bowes55

Pro

Golf is not a real sport, because it only involves accuracy and skill rather than exercise the only exercise they really get is walking to the ball. Although i do agree it deserves to be in the olympics, because it is a skill and it is a game they involves people to compete, but then so does chess.
Generic-Name

Con

In order to proceed, outline the reasoning behind your viewpoints.

I understand that your position is this:

Golf is not a sport but deserves to be hosted in the Olympics.

This position makes no apparent sense to me and I require further explanation as to how one can hold such a view.
Bowes55

Pro

Bowes55 forfeited this round.
Generic-Name

Con

Generic-Name forfeited this round.
Bowes55

Pro

Bowes55 forfeited this round.
Generic-Name

Con

Generic-Name forfeited this round.
Posted by mmadderom 3 years ago
mmadderom
Both of our arguments are ridiculous.

Of course Golf is a sport. In fact, it's a FAR more difficult sport than football, baseball, tennis, or basketball. That's not even questionable. I've played all of them at a high level. Golf demands MULTIPLE disciplines in order to be successful. You need the eye-hand coordination of a baseball player, the balance and strength of a football player, the grace and flow of a basketball player and you have a much smaller target than any of them. It is also endurance. You might THINK that walking 12 holes of golf is no big deal physically, but you'd be very wrong. I could EASILY destroy your position on this. Golf is by FAR the most difficult major sport simply because of the multitude of disciplines required to be successful.